Blue Jays sign Francisco Cordero - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Blue Jays sign Francisco Cordero

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Blue Jays sign Francisco Cordero

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:22 pm

Yes, New York winters are really all that and more.
We've actually had an absurdly mild winter thus far this year. We had a foot of snow on Halloween and other than that I think I can count the number of days it's been freezing on my hands.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Skin Blues » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:33 pm

I guess we could just look at any list of "Best Places to Live", or quality of life ratings, or life expectancy, or whatever else to determine which country/city is the better place to live. Or, we could ask a bunch of americans - yeah, that'll probably yield the most accurate result :-b

I've watched The Wire - you've probably got a better chance of being shot in Baltimore than you do of being hit by rain during a thunder storm. Then you go bankrupt because you can't afford to have the bullet removed. U-S-A!
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 134)

Postby Frenchiegangsta9 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:59 pm

The best places to live in the world are the scandinavian countries. As far as tropical paradises go, few locations in the world could be labelled such a place and certainly there are very few in Canada or USA.

I've lived in Baltimore, NY and other countries abroad and B'more definitely stacks up against them pretty well. Its the birthplace of our lord savior George Herman Ruth and that is enough for me to revere the place. Thanks Baltimore for making the greatest baseball player ever a Yankee.

I would love it if the Yanks made a run at him...Koji that is.
Frenchiegangsta9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 16)

Re: Re: Blue Jays sign Francisco Cordero

Postby wrveres » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:26 pm

Frenchiegangsta9 wrote:The best places to live in the world are the scandinavian countries.
sure, when you aren't freezing your nuts off 6 months out of the year. And the only thing there is to do is skiing and heroin. And don't get me started about the taxes you have to pay to live in this here shangrala …
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)

Postby Frenchiegangsta9 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:22 pm

wrveres wrote:
Frenchiegangsta9 wrote:The best places to live in the world are the scandinavian countries.
sure, when you aren't freezing your nuts off 6 months out of the year. And the only thing there is to do is skiing and heroin. And don't get me started about the taxes you have to pay to live in this here shangrala …

and yet with all of those criticisms that you have of such countries they are always at the top of the happiest places to live on Earth.
Frenchiegangsta9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:12 pm

Frenchiegangsta9 wrote:
wrveres wrote:

and yet with all of those criticisms that you have of such countries they are always at the top of the happiest places to live on Earth.

Ignorance is bliss.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby Skin Blues » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:19 am

Yeah, if somebody is happy and not worried about sharing their fortune with the less fortunate, then they're ignorant. This reminds me of the scene from Seinfeld when George is talking to that old guy in the diner.

Ben: No, I feel great for 85.

George: Y'know the average life span for an American male is like, 72. You're really... kinda pushin' the envelope there.

Ben: I'm not afraid of dyin'. I never think about it.

George: You don't? Boy, I think about it a lot. I think about it at my age. Imagine how much I'll be thinkin' about it at your age. All I'll do is keep thinkin' about it until it drives me insane...

Ben: I'm grateful for every moment I have.

George: Grateful? How can you be grateful when you're so close to the end? When you know that any second-- Poof! Bamm-O! It can all be over. I mean you're not stupid, you can read the handwriting on the wall. It's a matter of simple arithmetic, for Gods sake...

Ben: I guess I just don't care.

George: What are you talking about? How can you sit there and look me in the eye and tell that me you're not worried?! Don't you have any *sense*?!! Don't you have a brain!? Are you so completely senile that you don't know what you're talkin about Anymore!!?!

George: Wait a second, where are you going?

Ben: Life's too short to waste on you.

George: Wait a minute, please--

Ben: Get out of my way...
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 134)

Postby Frenchiegangsta9 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:21 pm

Skin Blues wrote:Yeah, if somebody is happy and not worried about sharing their fortune with the less fortunate, then they're ignorant. This reminds me of the scene from Seinfeld when George is talking to that old guy in the diner.[/i]

i dont understand your statement.
Frenchiegangsta9
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers