Large Trade in Auction Keeper League(WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Large Trade in Auction Keeper League(WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Large Trade in Auction Keeper League(WHIR)

Postby Urban Cohorts » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:57 pm

kidsilk wrote:WHat should I counter with or should I just keep Hosmer and what I have for now?

I think you're probably going to end up keeping Hosmer.

I think your team is in a fairly odd situation... I really like your pitching staff for a 16 team league. And I wouldn't say that I dislike your hitting. I think you have decent hitting, when you include Hosmer. But I hate Hanley's contract and think that it may be tough to keep Miggy for a while based on his contract. So you're at a place where if you were to deal Hosmer, you would need to do-

Deal Hosmer for guys that would make you a front runner in 2012. You certainly have the pitching to win now, but a small boost couldn't hurt. I think getting better hitters in return for Hosmer would help to accomplish a 2012 win. The problem though is that you are losing Hosmer and you can't really afford to lose Hanley as well. His contract is bad, but his production should be good. So in a Hosmer trade for a win now, you would need to get hitting that exceeds the value of both Hosmer and Hanley. Zimmerman and Konerko are a nice start, but I think I'd want Bruce too and a pitcher. Not sure if he'd go for that, but I think those guys would be a sizable enough hitting upgrade to maybe justify losing Homser.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:00 pm

You seem eager to move Hosmer and I don't know why. On that contract I'd really have to be blown away...
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby ensanimal » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:50 pm

I'd be hard pressed to move Hosmer and that contract with your league setup. You can have him for the next five years and even by the end, he'll still probably be undervalued.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Postby kidsilk » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:17 pm

I'm not trying to trade Hosmer at all...just trying to get your guys' opinions on if I am doing the right thing in keeping Hosmer. I am just getting lots of interest for obvious reasons.

Just got offered this one"

Cano-46
Zimmerman-31
C.Perez-6
Melancon-1

for

Hanley(who I am not keeping)-60
Feliz(who I might not keep)-20
Hosmer-2

Any opinions on the newest offer on the Hos?
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1231)

Postby JHubRoyals » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:43 pm

Man, you are asking one of Hosmer's biggest fans whether or not you should trade him, when he is at only $5!!

That new trade seems fair, even though Cano at $46 is steep. I really don't have an answer other than if you really are intent on trading a cheap Hosmer, then getting a Zimmerman and Greinke would only seem fair.
JHubRoyals
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jmlevy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:49 pm

kidsilk wrote:Cano-46
Zimmerman-31
C.Perez-6
Melancon-1

for

Hanley(who I am not keeping)-60
Feliz(who I might not keep)-20
Hosmer-2

This offer isn't terrible, considering who you are and are not keeping. Zimm gives you a long-term 3B in his prime, while Cano gives you a respectable MI to build around.

Hosmer for $17 in year 5 is a hell of a steal if you ask me. Feliz at $35 in 5 years is also a respectable value. Perez scares me, as I can see him losing the closer role in 2-3 years.

There is risk either way I look at it, so there are two questions to ask:
* are you keeping Feliz at $23? If so, are you comfortable tying $107 up in your top three starters (Lee, Price, Feliz)?
* will you find a better value for a 2B in the draft or trade?

When you can answer these questions, I think the answer will come to you naturally.
Owner of the Atlanta Braves in Strike Zone Dynasty
jmlevy
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 10)

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:55 pm

Pass on those deals. Just keep the $2 Hosmer and reap the benefits. You have no reason to trade him, so don't just trade him for the fun of it.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Urban Cohorts » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:46 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:Pass on those deals. Just keep the $2 Hosmer and reap the benefits. You have no reason to trade him, so don't just trade him for the fun of it.

^ Good advice
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:13 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:Pass on those deals. Just keep the $2 Hosmer and reap the benefits. You have no reason to trade him, so don't just trade him for the fun of it.
Agree, again. Sometimes the best, yet most difficult, thing to do is to not tinker. $2 Hosmer is something that would, again, take an eye popping offer to make me consider trading.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby kidsilk » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:37 pm

Thanks again gentlemen...I am not going to trade him but take a look at this most recent offer:

Cano 46
Zimmerman 31
Grienke 30
Perez 6
Melancon 1

for

Hosmer 2
Maybin 2
Hanley 60
Feliz 20
Walker 13
Sean Rod 7
Tabata 8
The guy claims he is not going to keep Walker, Feliz, SRod or Tabata and if I want them we can change the players I give him.
He is desperate for the Hos. The only thing I like is that I get Greinke at a great price and two proven All-Stars. I promise this is the last offer I will post on this!lol ;-D So, any opinions on this one?
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1231)

PreviousNext

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions