Trade help/ keeper help WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade help/ keeper help WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade help/ keeper help WHIR

Postby BobbysCox » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:04 am

Standard 5 x 5, 12 team auction league. $260. 5 keeper max

C 1b 2b ss 3b CI MI of of of of of util

Sp sp sp rp rp rp p p p bench bench bench

I have these fellas slated as keepers, numbers in () is keep price:

Votto (33)
Beachy (7)
Wainwright (6)
Morse (8)
Granderson (19)

Other possible guys:
Dee Gordon 10
Moustakis 10
Espinosa 8
Bourjos 7

I have an offer from an owner: my Granderson (19) for his desmond Jennings (7). Should I take it? Any keeper changes? Thanks!
BobbysCox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 25
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade help/ keeper help WHIR

Postby onitapgr » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:24 am

I like your 5 selections...as for the trade, I think its pretty close.

On one hand, $19 is definitely a great price for Granderson if he puts up 80% of the numbers he had last year. I'm assuming the price will go up if you keep him after 2012? he may be worth $25+ for a few years, but he might not....

$7 for Jennings could be a bargain, and that is definitely less than he would go for if he's thrown back...but, imo, he has a lot to prove.

I would be conservative and keep Granderson

If he can throw in an upgrade at pitcher, I would be more willing to package Beachy/Wainwright + Granderson for Jennings + ?

BobbysCox wrote:Standard 5 x 5, 12 team auction league. $260. 5 keeper max

C 1b 2b ss 3b CI MI of of of of of util

Sp sp sp rp rp rp p p p bench bench bench

I have these fellas slated as keepers, numbers in () is keep price:

Votto (33)
Beachy (7)
Wainwright (6)
Morse (8)
Granderson (19)

Other possible guys:
Dee Gordon 10
Moustakis 10
Espinosa 8
Bourjos 7

I have an offer from an owner: my Granderson (19) for his desmond Jennings (7). Should I take it? Any keeper changes? Thanks!
onitapgr
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 648
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 12 May 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade help/ keeper help WHIR

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:34 am

As overvalued as Grandy may be going into this season, I still think $19 is great value for him and I'd hang onto him, even with Jennings' tremendous upside.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 322)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Trade help/ keeper help WHIR

Postby Element » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:07 am

As it stands, you have your keepers correct.

What are the keeper rules? If you made the trade how much would Desmond cost you next season?
Image
Element
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4909
(Past Year: 685)
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Trade help/ keeper help WHIR

Postby BobbysCox » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:57 am

Element wrote:As it stands, you have your keepers correct.

What are the keeper rules? If you made the trade how much would Desmond cost you next season?


Keepers increase by $4 every year. So next year grandy is 23, Jennings is 11.
BobbysCox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 25
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade help/ keeper help WHIR

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:07 am

Make the trade for Jennings.
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Re: Trade help/ keeper help WHIR

Postby Urban Cohorts » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:41 am

raiders_umpire wrote:Make the trade for Jennings.


Agreed. The upside plus the low cost will benefit you tremendously if Jennings keeps improving.
Image
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1717
Joined: 2 Jan 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Rome in all of its glory...

Re: Trade help/ keeper help WHIR

Postby BobbysCox » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:00 am

We also havea farm sysyem. He has mathew moore... should i try and counter with granderson and brett jackson for Jennings and matthew moore?

Btw, farm system guys who we add to our mlb roster will cost 10 to keep next year
BobbysCox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 25
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade help/ keeper help WHIR

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:43 pm

BobbysCox wrote:We also havea farm sysyem. He has mathew moore... should i try and counter with granderson and brett jackson for Jennings and matthew moore?

Btw, farm system guys who we add to our mlb roster will cost 10 to keep next year
That's something I would have no problem with what so ever, though I doubt your trade partner would be too keen on it unless he is a massive Granderson advocate.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 322)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Trade help/ keeper help WHIR

Postby ensanimal » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:29 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
BobbysCox wrote:We also havea farm sysyem. He has mathew moore... should i try and counter with granderson and brett jackson for Jennings and matthew moore?

Btw, farm system guys who we add to our mlb roster will cost 10 to keep next year
That's something I would have no problem with what so ever, though I doubt your trade partner would be too keen on it unless he is a massive Granderson advocate.



Agreed. Would be a great deal for you, but not sure on the probability of it being accepted. Worth a shot though to get the conversation going that way.
ensanimal
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10622
(Past Year: 108)
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tim Horton's


Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact