Who should I trade in my dynasty league? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who should I trade in my dynasty league?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who should I trade in my dynasty league?

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:22 pm

So, I have a solid team (still drafting; two rounds left-- six picks) on a 12 team h2h league with OPS and holds counting. But, because of some recent trades, I find myself with a surplus of bats. Who should I trade? and what should I expect in return?

C Brian McCann
1B Prince Fielder
2B Robinson Cano
3B Pablo Sandoval
SS Starlin Castro
LF Howie Kendrick (2B, LF)
CF Alejandro de Aza
RF Lance Berkman (1B, LF, RF)
OF
U Hanley Ramirez (SS, 3B)
SP Clayton Kershaw
SP Zack Greinke
SP Daniel Hudson
SP Randy Wolf
SP
RP Jose Valverde
RP Rafael Betancourt
RP Fautino de los Santos
P
P
BN Mike Moustakas
BN Alexei Ramirez
BN Michael Young (1B, 2B, 3B)
BN
BN

I have six picks in the final two rounds to fill out my roster. I already plan to pick up a couple of solid pitchers, but realize I can trade for a higher level of pitching. Looks like Michael Young is my most expendable player. What should I expect for him? Anybody else I should move?
Please help me with analyzing my team? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=433592
Mateo de Lorenzo Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who should I trade in my dynasty league?

Postby Element » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:20 pm

Outside of your OF, you're stacked. I wouldn't trade MY. You can plug him into several different positions. I would look to deal Alexei Ramirez for a decent OF'er. YOu have Castro and Hanley. Lots of depth there.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 968)

Postby FantasyTeamAdvice » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:38 pm

You need help in the outfield, try to see if anyone in your league thinks Berkman is going to repeat his numbers from last year, you might be able to get a much younger OF'er with a lot more upside.
FantasyTeamAdvice
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:39 am

You might look to move Kendrick to a team who could use him at 2B for an OF boost. Or a team who is willing to put up with the possibility of Berkman either being injured or sitting frequently to prevent injury in hopes of repeating last year's performance without Albert Pujols in his lineup. Again, OF is where you need to get the best players available. You've got plenty of strengths to trade from.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 839)

Postby Urban Cohorts » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:25 am

I agree with moving one of the OF, but I think moving Castro at SS is a decent option too. Having Hanley restricted to your DH spot isn't great. A lot of people are high on Castro too, since SS isn't the greatest position. So I'd be shopping him in addition to Berkman and Kendrick.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby MaudDib » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:55 am

I think your team looks very good right now and I don't think I would make a move. Outside of getting a better OF, there aren't a lot of holes you need to fill. I think you should wait until after the draft and then see what your team looks like. I don't imagine there is a lot in the draft but I am sure you can get some suitable players and I would hate for you to trade your depth to fill something you could have filled at the draft.

Plus this will allow you to find out who also has holes and where and probably get a better deal. Right now owners are thinking that they too can fill some of their holes in the draft and will be less likely to over-pay. But after the draft, when they didn't fill the hole they were hoping to, then they might be willing to deal more to shore that hole up.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 466)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions