How much better is Santana than Napoli? Keeper dilemma - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

How much better is Santana than Napoli? Keeper dilemma

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: How much better is Santana than Napoli? Keeper dilemma

Postby mkultra » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:57 am

Urban Cohorts wrote:I would keep Santana- I don't think the draft picks are enough compensation for him in a keeper league. With the extra 3rd round pick, there are a minimum of 112 players off the board. I don't think having an extra guy in this range for a season is enough to merit losing Santana long term.

Your roster consists mainly of younger, elite-yet-still-growing players- Kemp, J. Upton, Strasburg, Lincecum, and Trout. That is an amazing foundation and I think adding Santana into the mix gives you a HUGE advantage long term. Not for 2012, where Napoli is probably the safer play. I can't think of many catchers who managed that feat. Mauer was better, but Santana has a much higher power ceiling, and if his BA ever comes around, he could be even better than Mauer was at his injury free prime.

I would trade Napoli..

This, a million times, especially regarding your foundation. Someone in your league will overlook Napoli's busted ankle and pay for him based on his season-end stats, and you'll have great trade options going into 2013.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 50)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions