The Spreadsheet 2012 (6th annual) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Spreadsheet 2012 (6th annual)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Spreadsheet 2012 (6th annual)

Postby J35J » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:52 pm

***Paypal donations can be sent to jkwjarvis@hotmail.com or click here***

***I forgot to give an update(02/23/2012), but the Rankings and Projections are all done*** ***I still have some player comments to add and I'll continue to tweak things as players win jobs, signings continue to happen or trades happen....but as far as having a completed rankings sheet ready to draft...it's done***

Alright guys, here we go. Before we get overly excited though, know that this isn't finished. I've got all of the offense done and most of the starters complete...haven't started on the relievers yet. I also need to finish my player comments as well but figured I'd put those on hold until I finished all of my projections/rankings. There are always a couple guys I leave out for whatever reason so if you see a glaring omission just let me know. ;-D

The overview for those who have not ever gotten the spreadsheet...
- Worksheet dedicated to each position
- 2011 season ending stats
- 2012 projections and rankings done by yours truely
- Ages of all players, as of May 31st, 2012
- Position eligibility(based on Yahoo) of every player and the exact number of games played and started...for those who's league rules are different or don't use Yahoo
- Hyperlinks to each players ESPN player page and to their FanGraphs player page
- A few sentences on every player with my personal thoughts about each player(Nothing too in depth, mostly just quick thoughts about what I think)
- The rankings are also tiered, so you can get a gauge of who I think should be valued similarly even though they may be a few spots different in the actual rankings.
- A formula for hitters and pitchers that is a quick and dirty way to see the differences in value(kinda like dollar values, but different) Keep in mind that this formula isn't meant to be some ground breaking formula or that you should put a ton of weight into it. I mainly do it as a way to get the players in an initial ranking and then I go back through and tweak the rankings from there based on who I like more or who I think is more likely to reach the projections I've made etc, etc, etc.
- And best of all this is a great sheet to have up on your laptop during your draft and have all the info right at your fingertips.

I will try to do better at highlighting any and all changes I make from the previous versions so it will be easier to see what exactly changed from one version to the next. Obiously this is version 1 so there will be plenty of changes as the offseason continues and more mock drafts are completed.

For more info and discussions from previous years...click here

***One thing I will be doing different is anyone who wants any updated versions after this intial version will have to have donated something. No minimum needed. A lot of people have been great in previous years with their donations and that is very much appreciated. I just spend way to much time on this each year to not start "charging" for it and if it turns out that the donations don't roll in like they have the last couple years I'm not sure I can keep my job or a happy wife without getting a couple extra bucks out of the deal. :-b
***Paypal donations can be sent to jkwjarvis@hotmail.com or click here***

As always just shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the spreadsheet when I can. Thanks guys!
Last edited by J35J on Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The Spreadsheet 2012 (6th annual)

Postby rotoquest » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:05 pm

Thanks for putting this together again JJ. Your projections Rock!
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 194)

Postby badboy » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:56 pm

Thanks again Jason!! I have to wait until the end of this month to send you some $$ via paypal
Thanks for your email to me today as well--please keep me on your list

laneb@surewest.net
badboy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Cream » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:21 pm

Pumped for this.. I feel lost without it when prepping for the upcoming season.

thanks for all the effort!
Cream
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 23)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:29 am

As always, you da man J!

PM with email addy sent ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby fantasynut03 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:12 pm

JJ Thanks again for your hard work! I will happily send you a donation on the first revision. Your a great help to me when I formulate my own lists.
My e-mail addy is fantasynut03 @ yahoo.com
Thanks again
fantasynut03
College Coach
College Coach

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 41)

Postby wingman3110 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:46 pm

YES! ;-D
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 122)

Postby Sensei » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:29 pm

<y final research doesn't ever really start until I have the Spreadsheet to start sorting and finalizing my laptop drafting sheets!!

PM and donation sent. Thanks J.
"I've failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
Sensei
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby skjelstrom » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:53 pm

Unfortunately I have nothing to donate.... But just thought I would let you know you do an amazing job and this is a real helper every year. Thanks for the hard work. ;-D
skjelstrom Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:15 am

Just shot you a donation. Fantastic, as has come to be expected. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers