***Paypal donations can be sent to email@example.com or click here***
***I forgot to give an update(02/23/2012), but the Rankings and Projections are all done*** ***I still have some player comments to add and I'll continue to tweak things as players win jobs, signings continue to happen or trades happen....but as far as having a completed rankings sheet ready to draft...it's done***
Alright guys, here we go. Before we get overly excited though, know that this isn't finished. I've got all of the offense done and most of the starters complete...haven't started on the relievers yet. I also need to finish my player comments as well but figured I'd put those on hold until I finished all of my projections/rankings. There are always a couple guys I leave out for whatever reason so if you see a glaring omission just let me know.
The overview for those who have not ever gotten the spreadsheet...
- Worksheet dedicated to each position
- 2011 season ending stats
- 2012 projections and rankings done by yours truely
- Ages of all players, as of May 31st, 2012
- Position eligibility(based on Yahoo) of every player and the exact number of games played and started...for those who's league rules are different or don't use Yahoo
- Hyperlinks to each players ESPN player page and to their FanGraphs player page
- A few sentences on every player with my personal thoughts about each player(Nothing too in depth, mostly just quick thoughts about what I think)
- The rankings are also tiered, so you can get a gauge of who I think should be valued similarly even though they may be a few spots different in the actual rankings.
- A formula for hitters and pitchers that is a quick and dirty way to see the differences in value(kinda like dollar values, but different) Keep in mind that this formula isn't meant to be some ground breaking formula or that you should put a ton of weight into it. I mainly do it as a way to get the players in an initial ranking and then I go back through and tweak the rankings from there based on who I like more or who I think is more likely to reach the projections I've made etc, etc, etc.
- And best of all this is a great sheet to have up on your laptop during your draft and have all the info right at your fingertips.
I will try to do better at highlighting any and all changes I make from the previous versions so it will be easier to see what exactly changed from one version to the next. Obiously this is version 1 so there will be plenty of changes as the offseason continues and more mock drafts are completed.
For more info and discussions from previous years...click here***One thing I will be doing different is anyone who wants any updated versions after this intial version will have to have donated something. No minimum needed.
A lot of people have been great in previous years with their donations and that is very much appreciated. I just spend way to much time on this each year to not start "charging" for it and if it turns out that the donations don't roll in like they have the last couple years I'm not sure I can keep my job or a happy wife without getting a couple extra bucks out of the deal. ***Paypal donations can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or click here***
As always just shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the spreadsheet when I can. Thanks guys!
Last edited by J35J on Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.