Trade Stanton and Avila for? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade Stanton and Avila for?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade Stanton and Avila for?

Postby bigguy1551 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:56 pm

I have been offered an interesting trade. It is a 10 team league with a twist in scoring, 6x5 with a standard 5x5 roto plus OBP. We have 2 active at each position(6OF), 16 total hitters, and 10 total pitchers, 2 SP, 2 RP, 2 SP, with 1/2 in reserve 39 total. Its a keeper league and this year we keep 13 and one less per year for the next 3 years, then we have a complete redraft. I won last year so i pick last in thedraft. I apologize for only asking questions about this team but it's the only keeper league i'm in.
Current Roster is: ;-D = current keeper.
Mauer C ;-D
Howard 1B ;-D
Berkman 1B/OF ;-D
Zobrist 2B/OF ;-D
Kipnis 2B
Bonifacio 2B/3B/OF
Wright 3B ;-D
Tulowitzki SS ;-D
Kemp OF ;-D
Victorino OF ;-D
Verlander SP ;-D
Hamels SP ;-D
Sabathia SP ;-D
Strasburg SP ;-D
Moore SP/RP Qualifies as SP if he gets a spot in the rotation, can't see why not. ;-D
I also have no first round pick I lost it picking up Hamels.
I have been offered Stanton and Avila for a pitcher and an OF. The pitcher i would choose would be Moore although i really like the RP qualification. That leaves Victorino and Zobrist. I like being able to hedge my bet on Mauer with Avila and i have a major Fantasy Man Crush on Stanton. If i went with Zobrist it pushes me towards slotting Kipnis at 2nd, knowing what will probably be protected. That would make Howard a casualty. If i go with Victorino i will in all probability keep Howard. His injury worries me though and i have thought of keeping Kipnis anway.
What would you do? Thanks again.
bigguy1551
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Stanton and Avila for?

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:17 pm

I'd make the trade dealing Victorino and Moore.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby Goatrider » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:46 pm

Second that. Vic and Moore are the two that jump out. Stanton is becoming an increasingly rare elite power guy. It will be nice to have him for awhile. Plus Kemp is sitting there to wash out some of the well-rounded stat accrual usually seen from Victorino. And you are right, I'd be worried about Mauer.
Goatrider
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 40)

Postby bigguy1551 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:51 pm

Goatrider wrote:Second that. Vic and Moore are the two that jump out. Stanton is becoming an increasingly rare elite power guy. It will be nice to have him for awhile. Plus Kemp is sitting there to wash out some of the well-rounded stat accrual usually seen from Victorino. And you are right, I'd be worried about Mauer.

Would you consider keeping Kipnis over Howard anyway?
bigguy1551
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Urban Cohorts » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:26 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:I'd make the trade dealing Victorino and Moore.

Agreed.

bigguy1551 wrote:Would you consider keeping Kipnis over Howard anyway?

No, I would go with the potential that Howard has.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:36 pm

Stanton might hit 40 homers this year. Make the deal for Moore and Victorino.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MaudDib » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:11 pm

I wouldn't do this deal. I really like Moore but in a ten team league SP is very deep. Add in that Stanton has 40 HR power which just isn't available anymore and I would rather have the hitter.

I stated this earlier and will state it again. Keep Kipnis. Howard is already on the back-end of his career plus battling an injury that we have no way to know who this will effect him. Where as Kipnis is a young hitter at a premium position with a ton of upside. I just don't see how anyone would rather have Howard here.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby ensanimal » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:16 pm

Easily make tha deal for Stanton. Will be the top power guy in the game shortly, if not already.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Postby MaudDib » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:52 pm

MaudDib wrote:I wouldn't do this deal. I really like Moore but in a ten team league SP is very deep. Add in that Stanton has 40 HR power which just isn't available anymore and I would rather have the hitter.

I stated this earlier and will state it again. Keep Kipnis. Howard is already on the back-end of his career plus battling an injury that we have no way to know who this will effect him. Where as Kipnis is a young hitter at a premium position with a ton of upside. I just don't see how anyone would rather have Howard here.

Realized that I read this wrong. Make the deal for Stanton. His upside is HUGE!
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby FantasyTeamAdvice » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:36 pm

This is a no brainer here trade Vic and Moore, take the HUGE power potential in Stanton, and Avila is no slouch either.
FantasyTeamAdvice
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions