Trading AGon for pitching - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trading AGon for pitching

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trading AGon for pitching

Postby BobbysCox » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:54 pm

Shields and Wilson. No brainier for me. But, Jennings and Moore if you can swing it.
BobbysCox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trading AGon for pitching

Postby Urban Cohorts » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:35 am

akan47 wrote:Which two of these pitchers would be the best bet in exchange for Adrian Gonzalez ($42) in a keeper league?

Kennedy ($11), Shields ($11), Romero ($6), CJ Wilson ($6).

I would keep Ian Kennedy and James Shields based on your large budget-

akan47 wrote:I have a large budget to work with, but no pitchers currently on my roster I want to keep.

I don't think James Shields will repeat 2011, but he is a good pitcher and certainly tops this list. I would then keep Kennedy over Wilson. Wilson is a good, solid pitcher, but he has peaked IMO. And I don't think moving to LA is going to be of any benefit. CJ pitched just as good if not better in Arlington last year (xFIP 3.27 home vs. 3.53 away) and now has arguably worse hitting and defense behind him in LA. Ian Kennedy was lucky last year as he outperformed his baseline stats, but this is his second year in a row doing so, and he took a huge step forward in all aspects- K/9, BB/9, HR/9, and IP. He is still young and I don't think it is a stretch to say he improves those ratios again in 2012. And if you are in a H2H league, bonus in that he can pitch vs. the NL West come playoff time.

With all that said, I still prefer-

akan47 wrote:Another deal I'm exploring is AGon for Matt Moore and Desmond Jennings. Both would cost $3 to keep.

Adding Matt Moore and Desmond Jennings for those prices will help you tremendously in the future. And save you a bit of loot compared to the above deal. So this would be my first choice by a good margin.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:21 pm

Getting Moore and Jennings is just too exciting to pass up. It's a little risky, but it could absolutely make your team in the next 2-3 years.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Postby FantasyTeamAdvice » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:41 pm

I'm not sold on CJ Wilson being a star pitcher, and now having a new contract, won't be surprised if he pulls a Barry Zito.

Take Shields/Kennedy
FantasyTeamAdvice
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions