Giantsfan14's Projections and Rankings (updated 2/10) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Giantsfan14's Projections and Rankings (updated 2/10)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Giantsfan14's Projections, Rankings, and More! (updated

Postby skjelstrom » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:35 pm

Very well done, a lot of hard work involved in that ;-D

Food for thought though. One reason I thoroughly enjoy J35J's projections is due to his brief explanations of the projections. Even if it were only for the top some odd players or certain players that seem out of the norm. Now this would be a lot of extra work (something I certainly wouldn't have time for) but just something I thought I would mention.

Great work regardless though, I'm sure this among other things will help significantly come draft day. Thanks!
skjelstrom Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 103)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:37 pm

skjelstrom wrote:Very well done, a lot of hard work involved in that ;-D

Food for thought though. One reason I thoroughly enjoy J35J's projections is due to his brief explanations of the projections. Even if it were only for the top some odd players or certain players that seem out of the norm. Now this would be a lot of extra work (something I certainly wouldn't have time for) but just something I thought I would mention.

Great work regardless though, I'm sure this among other things will help significantly come draft day. Thanks!

thanks. i hope to go through at some point and leave some comments, but i'm kind of busy getting the projections themselves finished (still have to do RP), and writing articles for the cafe. definitely something i'll consider though.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)

Postby Ender » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:55 am

I actually agree with the auction values on Tulo for what it is worth, he is being drafted too early. Considering it bunches him in with a bunch of $35 players I think taking him 1st out of that bunch at pick #8 is a very reasonable place for him. I don't see any reason to think he has more value than Cano though, positional scarcity of SS just isn't that much bigger than 2B in leagues with a MI slot and Cano has a healthier track record and has just been better so far in his career.

I think C are rated a bit too high in the action listing though, Santana in the 2nd round is just a horrible pick. Early C are a pure downside move, they just get hurt too often and the limited games makes it really hard for them to break out into a 1st round value. McCann is about where it is reasonable to start considering a C.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby TheRock » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:00 pm

Ender wrote:I actually agree with the auction values on Tulo for what it is worth, he is being drafted too early. Considering it bunches him in with a bunch of $35 players I think taking him 1st out of that bunch at pick #8 is a very reasonable place for him. I don't see any reason to think he has more value than Cano though, positional scarcity of SS just isn't that much bigger than 2B in leagues with a MI slot and Cano has a healthier track record and has just been better so far in his career.

I think C are rated a bit too high in the action listing though, Santana in the 2nd round is just a horrible pick. Early C are a pure downside move, they just get hurt too often and the limited games makes it really hard for them to break out into a 1st round value. McCann is about where it is reasonable to start considering a C.

I'm writing an article describing how I computed rankings and values. At some point I'll discuss how I handled position scarcity to get catchers valued where they are and we can discuss other ways of looking at it. For now I think you just have to chalk it up to GF's screwy projections! ;-7
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:57 pm

Ender wrote:I actually agree with the auction values on Tulo for what it is worth, he is being drafted too early. Considering it bunches him in with a bunch of $35 players I think taking him 1st out of that bunch at pick #8 is a very reasonable place for him. I don't see any reason to think he has more value than Cano though, positional scarcity of SS just isn't that much bigger than 2B in leagues with a MI slot and Cano has a healthier track record and has just been better so far in his career.

the values aren't necessarily saying where someone should be drafted, you have to take risk and consistency into account along with MDPs to determine the best draft spot for each player. obviously i'm not drafting napoli or santana that high because of the risk of catchers and the fact that I can probably grab one of them in the 4th or 5th rounds based on MDPs.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:42 am

RP projections added. I'll put pitcher values up once I get them from TheRock.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:39 am

Auction values tweaked to a deeper league.

Overall Pitcher Rankings added.

Overall Rankings added.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Re: Giantsfan14's Projections and Rankings (updated 2/10)

Postby BalataGrande » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:42 am

This is awesome!! Great work and it's awesome that you put your work out there to be critiqued by everyone else. I'd just like to comment that I didn't see DH spots, specifically Ortiz, and I didn't see him listed as 1B. Didn't see Vlad either, although he's still teamless at this point.
BalataGrande
College Coach
College Coach

Postby smoovethug » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:28 pm

So you finally admit that Cole Hamels > Lincecum? :-° Great work.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby skjelstrom » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:35 pm

Just thought I would point this out but it says Jay Bruce and Miguel Montero's age is 33 .
Last edited by skjelstrom on Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skjelstrom Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 103)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers