Atlanta Braves Rotation ... who is the 5th? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Atlanta Braves Rotation ... who is the 5th?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Atlanta Braves Rotation ... who is the 5th?

Postby MashinSpuds » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:21 pm

Hanson, Jurrjens, Hudson and Beachy are all locked up. That leaves Minor, Delgado, and Teheran as fifth starters in the running. Anyone have a thought as to who it might be? Some of us NL-Only Keeper league enthusiasts want to know. :-D
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Atlanta Braves Rotation ... who is the 5th?

Postby Inukchuk » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:32 pm

I'd love to see Minor in there. His peripherals were excellent last season, and I think Teheran/Delgado would benefit from more time in the minors. While I haven't heard anything one way or another, I feel as if Minor would be the best choice...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby J35J » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:22 pm

Inukchuk wrote:I'd love to see Minor in there. His peripherals were excellent last season, and I think Teheran/Delgado would benefit from more time in the minors. While I haven't heard anything one way or another, I feel as if Minor would be the best choice...

Yup, at least to start the year. No reason to bring Teheran/Delgado up now when they aren't completely needed. Let them continue to improve and work on things in the minors and/or let Minor fail first, who is a bit more polished than the other two youngsters.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby silverZ » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:29 am

J35J wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:I'd love to see Minor in there. His peripherals were excellent last season, and I think Teheran/Delgado would benefit from more time in the minors. While I haven't heard anything one way or another, I feel as if Minor would be the best choice...

Yup, at least to start the year. No reason to bring Teheran/Delgado up now when they aren't completely needed. Let them continue to improve and work on things in the minors and/or let Minor fail first, who is a bit more polished than the other two youngsters.

Agreed.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby Curtis Pride » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:16 pm

Minor will be the 4th because Jurrjens is going to get traded. After what teams have given up for Pineda, Gonzalez, Cahill, and Latos - and given the depth that Atlanta has, they are definitely going to trade him before Spring Training.

Don't forget that Medlen is coming back too.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Re: Re: Atlanta Braves Rotation ... who is the 5th?

Postby wrveres » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:34 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:Don't forget that Medlen is coming back too.
oh wow, I did forget. Thanks for reminding me. Is he going to be stretched out … any word
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby MashinSpuds » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:44 pm

Got this off of the CBS site:
Braves GM Frank Wren said on MLB Network Radio on Tuesday that if healthy Atlanta's rotation heading into the 2012 season should feature Tim Hudson, Tommy Hanson, Jair Jurrjens, Brandon Beachy and Mike Minor, with prospects Julio Teheran and Randall Delgado providing depth at Triple-A. As of mid-January, Hudson's the only question mark for the start of the season coming off back surgery.

Well, that's official for now regarding Minor and the other two. As for Medlen, I bet they keep him in the bullpen to see how his arm holds up. Nice guy to have as a long relief/swing man until needed for more. Braves pitching staff is truly stacked.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Postby kab21 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:46 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:Minor will be the 4th because Jurrjens is going to get traded. After what teams have given up for Pineda, Gonzalez, Cahill, and Latos - and given the depth that Atlanta has, they are definitely going to trade him before Spring Training.

the problem is that Jurrjens has plummeting peripherals and velocity. Teams notice these things.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:34 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:Minor will be the 4th because Jurrjens is going to get traded. After what teams have given up for Pineda, Gonzalez, Cahill, and Latos - and given the depth that Atlanta has, they are definitely going to trade him before Spring Training.
I can't believe there will be too many teams terribly interested in his services, or willing to give up much at least.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Return to Baseball Leftovers