Chad Billingsley
Clay Buccholz
Henderson Alvarez

Jordan Walden
Addison Reed
Ryan Madson

Manny Banuelos
James Paxton

I think my pitching staff might be lacking some but I really like my team - its a 12 team keeper league

what do you think?
warner892001
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Do you like my team?

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:30 pm

Who did you keep?

I think your pitching staff has a ton of holes and question marks, so just make sure you're active on the wire in the early going for SP. Not that it's bad, and there's guys I like there in Zimm and Hellboy, but there's no telling how Wilson reacts in his move to California (I hope for the best), Clay Buttholes is a question mark in my mind, and you couldn't pay me to roster Chad Billingsley. Hopefully Feliz transitions well back to starting in Texas. You used the word 'lacking' but if the cards fall right you've got some great arms there. If you can add an arm or two early in the season to help solidify your staff I think you'll be in a good place. Beyond that, if you don't start 2 Catchers, I would try and trade one of Napoli or Santana for the best SP you can. It's the easiest problem solver I can see for your team.

Do you like Jacob Turner for any particular reason? Is he a lock for the rotation?? Alvarez I believe is, but I don't like AL East pitchers that have to face Boston, NYY, and Tampa. I imagine these will be the first few guys you drop for hot starting SP, unless they are themselves.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby bigguy1551 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:54 pm

Offensively i think you are doing ok. Some holes in pitching though. You're putting a lot of eggs in the same basket having 2 pitchers tring to become starters. Billingsley scares me also. I'll give you a solid B.
bigguy1551
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 12)

Postby nchampagne » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:36 am

Normally you don't know what youre going to get with pitchers to begin with, but, with your team, there are really too many big question marks in that staff. I am all about taking risks on players who have good potential, but imo you have taken too many. You need to pick up some more solid starters who have a good track record to offset some of the risks you are taking (bard, neftali, and clay with the injuries, to name the glaring ones). Offense looks good to me tho, and I agree that you should trade one of your catchers for a starter.
nchampagne
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Urban Cohorts » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:56 am

I like your team as far as a keeper league goes, since I think you have some solid keeper options in Santana C, Votto 1B, Moose 3B, McCutchen OF, Jones OF, and possibly even Goldschmidt 1B. For pitchers, I like Zimmerman, Feliz, and possibly Bard for the long term. Again, some solid building blocks here.

For the current year, your team doesn't stand out as a top team, though I don't know what the other teams in your league look like. You certainly have the hitting covered (except in SB, where you may need someone else) and decent closers. But as previously mentioned, your team is in need of some SP. Aside from Zimmerman and CJ Wilson, you really have all gamble types or guys who won't live up to their full potential this year.

Initially, I would move Napoli for some pitching. He is expendable since you have Santana, and could net you a solid SP. Probably someone like Madison Bum or Ian Kennedy. Possibly even more, give Napoli's excellent 2011.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby FantasyTeamAdvice » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:16 am

See if there is any interest for Corey Hart. Maybe get a #2 or low #1 pitcher for him. Guy is always hurt, but fantasy owners still love him.
FantasyTeamAdvice
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team