-Norris
-Cain
-Vogelsong
-Worley
Closers"
-Guera
-Jansen
-Fransico

12 team keeper dynasty league. I feel good with batting average, stolen bases and k's. What should I work on, if anything at all?
wvufan1988
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate Mine Please

Postby Koontzy » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:55 am

what type of league? I am new but your pitching seems too deep..
Koontzy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:47 pm

Not a fan of Ethier and you've got some risky SP in Vogelsong and Worley, but thankfully the top end of your rotation is excellent. I also don't see a Catcher?

Furthermore, I wouldn't feel great about batting average when you've got Uggla and Howard and Stubbs and Stanton on your team. You've got a bunch of guys who are probably more likely to bat .260 than anything else.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby Koontzy » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:02 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Not a fan of Ethier and you've got some risky SP in Vogelsong and Worley, but thankfully the top end of your rotation is excellent. I also don't see a Catcher?

Furthermore, I wouldn't feel great about batting average when you've got Uggla and Howard and Stubbs and Stanton on your team. You've got a bunch of guys who are probably more likely to bat .260 than anything else.

Howard may show out in 2012, he is kind of hit or miss it seems. I wouldnt mind getting him in later round pick if he is still there.
Koontzy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby wvufan1988 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:13 pm

I have Posey at catcher. Left him out by accident. Thanks for the replies so far guys
wvufan1988
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby nchampagne » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:41 am

I think you should try to trade SP for more well rounded hitters. I don't know why you feel good about avg, as your offense is filled with guys who will drag that category down for you. Also, if you can get rid of Howard I would do it. Thats a tough injury to come back from quickly, and he's getting older, and will probably start to decline sooner rather than later. There is too many other good options at 1B to go into the season with him as your starter.
nchampagne
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Urban Cohorts » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:00 am

I like your team as a whole. You have some good young talent in Posey, Panda, Stanton, Revere, Pineda, Norris, and Jansen. You have a lot of other guys too that can help you this year as well. The bottom end of your rotation isn't too strong, but given your top, you should be OK.

As far as AVG goes, I think it may be too much of an issue to fix. You would probably have to trade away 2 of the guys that hort mentioned (and add in some .290+ hitters) in order to balance things out. If you are in a Roto league, I would advise doing so- probably by moving Howard and Uggla. Definitely not Stanton in a dynasty league. If you are in a H2H league- let if fly. AVG varies A LOT week to week, so you may end up winning AVG a handful of times.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby wvufan1988 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:02 pm

I made some deals. Pence should help with average. I am desperately looking to deal Howard, but it is hard finding takers, and I don't see a viable replacement in free agency

It now looks like this:

Pitching:
Lee
Weaver
Cain
Latos
Luebke
Norris
Bedard
Bard
Randall Delgado

Closers: