Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

10 Team Keeper League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 10 Team Keeper League

Postby MaudDib » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:43 am

Kemp
Kimbrel
Jennings

There is no way I am keeping Napoli. There are too many good catchers out there to waste a keeper spot on one. Plus Napoli had three amazing months and there is no way he can repeat it. His BABP is unsustainable and I don't buy his drop in strikeouts. He will give you power and a decent avg but that is about it. I don't typically like keeping closers but Kimbrel is about as good as you can get. I know closers are complete wild cards but he has the ability to be the #1 guy again and I would rather take a risk on that then keep a catcher that has almost no chance of repeating last years numbers.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigguy1551 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:55 am

I'd keep Kemp, Bautista and Fielder. You alraedy have an OF and Fielder should produce no matter where he ends up. Fielder is younger and more durable than Holliday (hes missed only 13 games in 6 years) while Holliday has been on the DL 3 times in the last 5 years.
bigguy1551
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 12)

Postby ensanimal » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:33 pm

bigguy1551 wrote:I'd keep Kemp, Bautista and Fielder. You alraedy have an OF and Fielder should produce no matter where he ends up. Fielder is younger and more durable than Holliday (hes missed only 13 games in 6 years) while Holliday has been on the DL 3 times in the last 5 years.

That would be nice, but he can only keep one from each grouping.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 113)

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:00 pm

ayebatter wrote:Kemp
Napoli
Jennings

;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kab21 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:06 pm

MaudDib wrote:Kemp
Kimbrel
Jennings

There is no way I am keeping Napoli. There are too many good catchers out there to waste a keeper spot on one. Plus Napoli had three amazing months and there is no way he can repeat it. His BABP is unsustainable and I don't buy his drop in strikeouts. He will give you power and a decent avg but that is about it. I don't typically like keeping closers but Kimbrel is about as good as you can get. I know closers are complete wild cards but he has the ability to be the #1 guy again and I would rather take a risk on that then keep a catcher that has almost no chance of repeating last years numbers.

Napoli won't repeat his avg but he won't find himself on the bench for 49 games either. I would keep him over both Kimbrel and Jennings. the 3rd keeper is a toss up. Kimbrel gets dinged as a closer, Jennings as a near rookie (expecting a lowish BA) and Asdrubal won't repeat (.285, 15/15ish). flaws with each one but each is a decent keeper.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 167)

Postby Urban Cohorts » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:49 pm

Bautista
Kimbrel
Jennings

I like Bautista over Kemp. Not that Kemp is bad, but I'd rather have the set in stone best 3B in Bautista.
Kimbrel looks like a good B keeper. I'm usually not a fan of keeping closers, but he is better than your other B options. And I would keep him over a C option because it will be easier to re-draft all of the C players.
I like Jennings as well, just like the others. Napoli loses out for me because this is a 10 team league. Many good catchers IMO. If it were a 12 team, I'd be tempted to keep him over Kimbrel.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby ensanimal » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:52 pm

Urban Cohorts wrote:Bautista
Kimbrel
Jennings

I like Bautista over Kemp. Not that Kemp is bad, but I'd rather have the set in stone best 3B in Bautista.
Kimbrel looks like a good B keeper. I'm usually not a fan of keeping closers, but he is better than your other B options. And I would keep him over a C option because it will be easier to re-draft all of the C players.
I like Jennings as well, just like the others. Napoli loses out for me because this is a 10 team league. Many good catchers IMO. If it were a 12 team, I'd be tempted to keep him over Kimbrel.

Bautista probably loses 3B after this season. At the top end of the draft, I just want the best player available, and for me that would be Kemp.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 113)

Postby Urban Cohorts » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:18 pm

ensanimal wrote:Bautista probably loses 3B after this season. At the top end of the draft, I just want the best player available, and for me that would be Kemp.

That is debatable. Kemp just had a season that is going to be incredibly hard to duplicate. Bautista has done it for 2 years now and the lineup around him is getting much better. Oh, and Bautista was drafted over Kemp in the mock too :-D
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:10 pm

Urban Cohorts wrote:
ensanimal wrote:Bautista probably loses 3B after this season. At the top end of the draft, I just want the best player available, and for me that would be Kemp.

That is debatable. Kemp just had a season that is going to be incredibly hard to duplicate. Bautista has done it for 2 years now and the lineup around him is getting much better. Oh, and Bautista was drafted over Kemp in the mock too :-D
Saying he's 'done it for 2 years now' isn't really fair. There's a massive difference in fantasy between .260, 54 HR, and .302, 43 HR. Kemp had a similar, yet more severe, jump in avg. from '10 to '11 (.249 to .324). On their best days, fully healthy, Kemp is a superior fantasy option because he may give you 20 fewer HR but he steals 30+ more bases without sacrificing a single R or RBI (he even outproduced Bautista last season in both those categories).
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions