14 Potential Keepers for 2012 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

14 Potential Keepers for 2012

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 14 Potential Keepers for 2012

Postby NationalsOnTheRise » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:51 pm

bigieshake wrote:Thanks for the feedback! so you guys don't think Beckham will rebound?

Yes, I absolutely do think Beckham will and Johnson is a one year wonder. These people are out of their minds.

I also love Peacock in a A's pitcher's park with huge holes in the rotation. Not even REMOTELY close to the love on Santos as others.
"Nobody’s going to ask about the Nats being the No. 1 farm system in major league baseball," wondered Rizzo about his organization being ranked first by Baseball America. "You disappointed me." -Mike Rizzo
NationalsOnTheRise
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:57 pm

NationalsOnTheRise wrote:
bigieshake wrote:Thanks for the feedback! so you guys don't think Beckham will rebound?

Yes, I absolutely do think Beckham will and Johnson is a one year wonder. These people are out of their minds.

I also love Peacock in a A's pitcher's park with huge holes in the rotation. Not even REMOTELY close to the love on Santos as others.

Johnson has vastly outperformed Beckham over the last two years. In Beckham's good year - 2009 - he hit .270 with 14 HR, 58 runs, 63 RBI and 7 SB. And that was in 2009. He was worse - a lot worse - in 2011 and 2010. Just what kind of improvement are you expecting out of Beckham?
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:09 pm

Even when Beckham was 'good' two seasons ago he wasn't blowing the doors off or anything. I'll take Kelly Johnson all day over him.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby NationalsOnTheRise » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:09 pm

bigh0rt wrote:

Even when Beckham was 'good' two seasons ago he wasn't blowing the doors off or anything. I'll take Kelly Johnson all day over him.

Johnson is four years older, look at where he was four years ago. Beckham will arrive and it will likely be this year.
"Nobody’s going to ask about the Nats being the No. 1 farm system in major league baseball," wondered Rizzo about his organization being ranked first by Baseball America. "You disappointed me." -Mike Rizzo
NationalsOnTheRise
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:46 pm

bigh0rt wrote:

Johnson is four years older, look at where he was four years ago. Beckham will arrive and it will likely be this year.

Looking at all available data and information there's just no reason for me to believe this to be true.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions