100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Live Free or DyNasty

League Chat

Moderators: WaCougMBS, rookies and cream, Bwanna

Re: 2012 League Chat

Postby Third Day » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:16 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
Bwanna wrote:
Third Day wrote:I wouldn't be opposed at all to introducing limits on IP to prevent streaming, especially during the playoffs. What do you guys think?

Hate streaming. The debate is how to regulate it. I don't like max IP because I like to use MRs.

I think a max of 40 IP should allow plenty of relief innings and at the same time prevent excessive streaming.

A maximum of 100 player moves per season might work, although I don't think Bwanna (219) would go for it, :-b
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 273)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:10 am

I wouldn't mind MAX IP's or something. I tend not to like moves limits because it can be unfair ... if, especially during playoffs weeks in H2H, I have the bad luck of having all 1 start pitchers vs opponent's mostly 2 start pitchers, I think I should be able to even the odds with a couple of spot starts. Plus, injuries and the like -- not to mention that during playoffs weeks, some studs get benched by their RL teams if said teams are out of MLB contention...
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Bwanna » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:30 am

WaCougMBS wrote:
Bwanna wrote:
I think a max of 40 IP should allow plenty of relief innings and at the same time prevent excessive streaming.

I'm not opposed to a happy medium solution, and I know I've participated in some reactionary playoff streaming in past years, but 40 IP is WAY too low IMO. That's like 4-5 starts and a handful of relief appearances on average ...

I don't care what the number is. And streaming isn't really a problem until the playoffs, but I really don't care for it as a strategy and would like to see some type of limit... 50? 60?
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st]
123Innings '08 [1st/1st], '09 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/4th], '12 [4th/2nd]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Cool 3.0 '08 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 274)

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:42 am

Copy of PM I just sent to the league ...

Hey guys,

Still a few details to hash out, but in accordance with the rules, which state:

Bwanna wrote:Minor League Draft
  • When: Held before each season beginning on the second Monday in February
  • Length: 5 rounds
  • Order: Snake in order of worst to first of regular season standings
  • Draft picks are allowed to be traded, but no supplemental picks will be given at the end of the draft for traded picks
  • Drafted players must meet MLB rookie eligibility and must be signed by an MLB team

Fade is up in Round 1, though since its short notice I say we give him 24 hours (if not more) to get rolling if he needs. Thracken is on deck and ORS is in the hole.

Issues to make sure we're clear on sooner than later:

1. Clock, 12 or 24 hours? How strictly do we stick to it?
  2. Bwanna has Boomer's 2nd-rounder from trade. Any other situations like this? It's the only one I could find ...
  3. Roster lock date is March 1, don't forget to make (and mark) yours "final" by then!
  4. Feel free to trade draft picks for any combination of current or future picks and players (and I think we decided waiver priority, right?), but try to not hold OTC picks hostage in hopes of a deal you haven't yet talked about at all ...
  5. add your own issue/talking point here ...

BTW, thanks for the timely check-ins, replacement search and Yahoo league joins gents, they're much appreciated! Looking forward to the official start of the end of AFF's reign at the top O:-) ;-)
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jake_harv88 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:30 am

Here's my opinion on streaming: Have we ever had a problem with streaming in this league? I dont think I can remember an instance where someone was blatantly doing it. Personally, I'd like to think our league is better than that for someone to resort to streaming. My fav. way to prevent streaming is to implement what I call the "Ball Sac Rule". This is how it goes; if someone streams, we all get to punch him in the ball sac. I feel like that is a pretty powerful incentive (or decentive).

If we really have to institute a legit anti streaming rule I'd rather not do a max innings pitched limit. Personally, I'd prefer a max moves per week or max moves per season. Also in one of my other leagues we basically just have a rule that a pitcher has to be held for at least 72 hrs before being allowed to drop them (barring injury or demotion).

I'd probably do 24 hrs to start. Have we ever had an issue in terms of getting this thing done on time? This way we give people who aren't in mid-season form a little time to shape up...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Bwanna » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:00 am

jake_harv88 wrote:Here's my opinion on streaming: Have we ever had a problem with streaming in this league? I dont think I can remember an instance where someone was blatantly doing it. Personally, I'd like to think our league is better than that for someone to resort to streaming. My fav. way to prevent streaming is to implement what I call the "Ball Sac Rule". This is how it goes; if someone streams, we all get to punch him in the ball sac. I feel like that is a pretty powerful incentive (or decentive).

If we really have to institute a legit anti streaming rule I'd rather not do a max innings pitched limit. Personally, I'd prefer a max moves per week or max moves per season. Also in one of my other leagues we basically just have a rule that a pitcher has to be held for at least 72 hrs before being allowed to drop them (barring injury or demotion).

I'd probably do 24 hrs to start. Have we ever had an issue in terms of getting this thing done on time? This way we give people who aren't in mid-season form a little time to shape up...

Not during the regular season, but it's common practice during the playoffs (which might explain you having not noticed it... :-b.) Tough to punch someone in the ball sac since most of us have and will never meet. I like the 72 hour rule, but it's harder to enforce.

Setting the max works in redraft leagues, but we would have to set it higher than usual in order to not penalize someone who is simply promoting and demoting players from their farm.

Personally, I think 12 hours is plenty of time. We're using it now in a league, and it keeps things humming along. If people plan ahead, there's no reason to miss their 12-hour window - they can just send their picks to someone else before their clock starts.
[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Cool 3.0 '08 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Bwanna » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:34 am

I'll do my best to update the spreadsheet here as picks are made - http://bit.ly/lfod - but the best thing to do is simply search our league forum - Go here viewforum.php?f=247 and use 'Search this forum...' on the right to make sure you are drafting an available player:

Also, if anyone else wants write access to the spreadsheet to help with the updates, PM me the email address associated with your Google account.
[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Cool 3.0 '08 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:35 am

jake_harv88 wrote:Hey guys, just checkin' in so you all know I'm around. Welcome to kyflyfisher!

On a related note, I've picked up fly fishing the past couple of summers. Best...idea...ever... ;-D

Fishing?! Now we're talking! I need to try fly fishing sometime very soon, but fishing and fisheries is basically what I do. Just spent the weekend at the world's largest ice fishing tournament near Brainerd, MN. Welcome to the league man.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Fade2White12 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:53 am

I'd probably be interested in trading for picks. Anyone interested in dealing, let me know what you'd want. ;-D
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby kyflyfisher » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:57 am

Same here. I'm a big prospect guy and always looking for a deal
Cheaters never prosper but they're still the world's fastest land animal
kyflyfisher
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to Live Free or DyNasty