League Chat - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Live Free or DyNasty

League Chat

Moderators: WaCougMBS, rookies and cream, Bwanna

Re: League Chat

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:27 pm

Thracken wrote:I sent Michael a couple more texts and informed him of his 48-hour window. We'll see if that pushes him along.

Bwanna wrote:What would you guys think about adding a $100 FAAB this year? I know I'm always the one with the most moves, so it probably affects me more than anyone. Basically, after the season starts, FAs are always on waivers, and you can try claiming them for $0 or being the high bidder to override your waiver priority.

Thoughts?

I'd be open to a FAAB this year.

Wait, so just to clarify, this isn't real money, right? It's effectively just 100 points that you start the year with?

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Thracken » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:34 pm

Ya
Thracken
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

CafeholicCafe RankerCafecasterTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bwanna » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:25 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Wait, so just to clarify, this isn't real money, right? It's effectively just 100 points that you start the year with?

100 schrute bucks
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby jake_harv88 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 pm

Bwanna wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Wait, so just to clarify, this isn't real money, right? It's effectively just 100 points that you start the year with?

100 schrute bucks

What's the conversion rate between schrute bucks and stanley nickels?

But seriously, how were you imagining this working? Would FAAB only apply to waiver adds and not FA's? If they did apply to FA's how often would we be able to run them? Preferably more often than once a week I presume...
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)

Postby Bwanna » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:59 pm

i don't have much experience, but it can be handled by Yahoo. We're doing it our roto cafe league. Here are the details:

FAAB waivers
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=co ... S_FAN_BASE
Here’s the full rundown on Free Agent Acquisition Budgets (FAAB) waivers system for Yahoo Fantasy Sports leagues.

In a Free Agents Acquisition Budgets (FAAB) waivers system, each manager receives a dollar amount to place blind bids on players that are on waivers. The manager with the highest bid at the end of the waiver period claims that player and that bid amount is deducted from the team's acquisition budget.
FAAB Rules

The FAAB does not apply to free-agent pickups. All free agents can be picked up on a first-come, first-serve basis, without bids.
Bids are hidden to other managers until a player clears waivers. The winning bid will display in the Transaction log.
Players with multiple bids placed on them will display under "FAAB Bids" on a league's Transactions log. If only one owner bid on a player, that transaction will not display under "FAAB Bids."
The FAAB system charges you the exact amount you bid if your bid is successful. It will never automatically adjust your bid to beat any other bids by $1.
The default FAAB budget for teams is $100. The commissioner of a custom league may change this amount at any time throughout the season by using the Acquisition Budgets tool, found in the "Team Management" section of the Commish Tools page.
You can submit $0 bids, and if no one else bids more, you will be able to claim that player.
There isn't an option to force managers to make a minimum bid amount.

FAAB tiebreakers

If multiple managers place an equal bid on a player, there are three tiebreaker options:

Continual rolling list: Waiver claims are processed in waiver priority order and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list.
Reverse order of standings (Football only): Waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and successful claims do not affect waiver priority list.
Weekly rolling list based on standings (Football only): Waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list.

The priority list only changes when it is used to break a tie between two owners who submit identical bids. If a team submits the highest bid and the tiebreaker is not needed to award the player, the priority list remains unchanged following that claim.

Additional Information

Please see the help article about enabling FAAB.

From our other league, all the free agents are on waivers for tomorrow, players that have dropped are on the regular 2-day waiver period:

You can choose to claim a free agent, and bid zero or more:
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Fade2White12 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:55 pm

It'd be fine with me, but I suppose I'd rather make the change for 2015. If there was anybody who was stockpiling his waiver priority for the perfect time, switching to FAAB right now would destroy that. If we wait until next year, it at least gives anyone high on the list the ability to spend that waiver before it becomes useless.

BUT if those atop the list don't give two sh1ts, it's ok with me. ;-D

BTW, can we get the league forum renewed on the forum?
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby smoovethug » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:40 pm

I like FAAB but I do echo what Fade said about switching to it this year.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Bwanna » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:41 pm

probably a good idea to wait until next year.

Fade2White12 wrote:BTW, can we get the league forum renewed on the forum?

Whut?
[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby sportsguy138 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:42 pm

next year
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 405)

Postby Fade2White12 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:45 pm

Bwanna wrote:probably a good idea to wait until next year.

Fade2White12 wrote:BTW, can we get the league forum renewed on the forum?

Whut?

Our forum here at the Cafe fell off the map. It's not navigable from the Draft Rooms. Only way in is by viewing our posts/threads. I think a Mod can throw back up there for us.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

PreviousNext

Return to Live Free or DyNasty