100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Live Free or DyNasty

League Chat

Moderators: WaCougMBS, rookies and cream, Bwanna

Re: League Chat

Postby Bwanna » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:53 pm

Omaha, Kyuji Fujikawa is on my farm.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:52 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:This is the first year of this league where I'm really not confident going into the year. Hoping to keep my streak of making the playoffs going, but it could be tough this year.

It's funny that you say that, because it's the first time in years that I actually feel some optimism about my team. :-b
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:51 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:This is the first year of this league where I'm really not confident going into the year. Hoping to keep my streak of making the playoffs going, but it could be tough this year.

It's funny that you say that, because it's the first time in years that I actually feel some optimism about my team. :-b

I'm sure that's a good feeling to have! Best of luck this year.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bwanna » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:15 am

Jake, Matt Adams is on a farm team - was drafted last year by rookies and has been on the spreadsheet ever since: http://bit.ly/lfod <- it's a pretty easy URL to remember.

We need a more punitive way to discourage people from picking up rookies before checking farm rosters, other than a goofy avatar. It's a pain for the commish and a pain for the real owner who might actually want to roster the guy before the commish can fix the rosters.

So, I propose the following 'encouragement' for checking farm rosters:
1. First offense of the year: offender is required to forfeit one of his in-season pickups
2. Second offense of the year: offender is required to forfeit another in-season pickup AND his 5th round draft pick for the following season
3. Third offense of the year: offender is required to forfeit another in-season pickup AND his 4th round draft pick for the following season
4. Fourth offense of the year: offender is required to forfeit another in-season pickup AND his 3rd round draft pick for the following season
5. Fifth offense of the year: offender is required to forfeit another in-season pickup AND his 2nd round draft pick for the following season
6. We figure this out when it happens.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby rookies and cream » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:51 am

Bwanna wrote:Jake, Matt Adams is on a farm team - was drafted last year by rookies and has been on the spreadsheet ever since: <a class="vglnk" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" href="http://bit.ly/lfod"><span>http</span><span>://</span><span>bit</span><span>.</span><span>ly</span><span>/</span><span>lfod</span></a> <- it's a pretty easy URL to remember.

We need a more punitive way to discourage people from picking up rookies before checking farm rosters, other than a goofy avatar. It's a pain for the commish and a pain for the real owner who might actually want to roster the guy before the commish can fix the rosters.

1. First offense of the year: offender is required to forfeit one of his in-season pickups
2. Second offense of the year: offender is required to forfeit another in-season pickup AND his 5th round draft pick for the following season
3. Third offense of the year: offender is required to forfeit another in-season pickup AND his 4th round draft pick for the following season
4. Fourth offense of the year: offender is required to forfeit another in-season pickup AND his 3rd round draft pick for the following season
5. Fifth offense of the year: offender is required to forfeit another in-season pickup AND his 2nd round draft pick for the following season
Bwanna wrote:Jake, Matt Adams is on a farm team - was drafted last year by rookies and has been on the spreadsheet ever since: http://bit.ly/lfod <- it's a pretty easy URL to remember.

Sound good to me. I don't use the script (because it doesn't seem to work for me) but check the spreadsheet every time I make a pickup like I did last night with Justin Grimm. Shouldn't be hard for others to do the same.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 45)

Postby jake_harv88 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:53 am

Bwanna wrote:Jake, Matt Adams is on a farm team - was drafted last year by rookies and has been on the spreadsheet ever since: http://bit.ly/lfod <- it's a pretty easy URL to remember.

hm, I had it in my head that he wasn't MiLB eligible. My apologies. I really disagree with these suggestions. Is it really that big of a deal for someone to un-do a transaction? To me, I say not. If its becoming a hassle, I'd be more than willing to help out. But I dont see this being a big enough deal to actively harm a players team...

Can you un-do the transaction for me and stick Pomeranz back on my squad?
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)

Postby Fade2White12 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:05 am

I am confused as to why this happens so much - especially with the availability of the spreadsheet and the script (which obviously is a little wonky right now considering you have to refresh the page frequently for it to work). EDIT: And it looks like I'm an offender as well. I picked up Jim Henderson, and I haven't been using the script either because of the constant refreshing. I didn't know he was owned by TD and nobody else caught it either. My apologies. :-t

Although I wouldn't necessarily have a problem with enacting some sort of punishment, I would be opposed to anything that punishes the very first offense.

I'll bring up again what I said a few pages back: Yahoo now allows leagues to have N/A spots which can be added right now with little effort. This would absolutely mitigate some of these problems. It obviously wouldn't apply to owned players currently in the MLB (ie Adams), but it would take a number of rookie eligible players out of the FA pool.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:52 am

I agree with Fade. I think the first time it happens should be a warning. And then the rest can follow in order.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bwanna » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:13 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I agree with Fade. I think the first time it happens should be a warning. And then the rest can follow in order.

Sure. Do the past offenses this season count as their warning?

jake_harv88 wrote:hm, I had it in my head that he wasn't MiLB eligible. My apologies. I really disagree with these suggestions. Is it really that big of a deal for someone to un-do a transaction? To me, I say not. If its becoming a hassle, I'd be more than willing to help out. But I dont see this being a big enough deal to actively harm a players team... Can you un-do the transaction for me and stick Pomeranz back on my squad?

Yes, it's more than a pain than it should be, especially if a commish isn't around to make the corrections and the legit owner can't roster a player they want. The offender is harming the legit owner's team, so some the consequences need to be harsh enough to at least instill enough fear to encourage checking the spreadsheet: http://bit.ly/lfod

I've accidentally picked up players, especially when I'm using my iphone app which doesn't flag the players. I might do it again, but doubt I will if I'm afraid of losing a draft pick. Those consequences are pretty weak starting out anyway.
[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Fade2White12 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:43 am

Bwanna wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I agree with Fade. I think the first time it happens should be a warning. And then the rest can follow in order.

Sure. Do the past offenses this season count as their warning?

Ex post facto = :-t
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Live Free or DyNasty