League Chat - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Live Free or DyNasty

League Chat

Moderators: WaCougMBS, rookies and cream, Bwanna

Re: 2012 League Chat

Postby rookies and cream » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:58 pm

Just noticed Omaha hasn't posted his roster. Can't start without this. PM'ing now
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Baseball

2012 League Chat

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:13 pm

I will do this tonight. I apologize, I thought it was done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby rookies and cream » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:15 pm

Ok, I entered in all rosters, including Omaha's and Boomer's and began the season. Please review your rosters and let me know if they are ok. Please note, players that are suspended or unsigned don't seem to be in the yahoo database. You'll have to monitor these players yourselves and add them to your rosters when they become available. Waivers will first run on 3/24. ;-D
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby Fade2White12 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:18 pm

rookies and cream wrote:
Fade2White12 wrote:I believe it is Commish Tools -> "Keeper Management" -> Approve Keeper Players.

Nope. Then brings you to offline draft results and I have to reenter rosters anyway. Ridiculousness...

That's weird. But looks like you got it figured out. Great!

BTW, don't forget the waiver order. ;-D
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby rookies and cream » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:24 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:
rookies and cream wrote:
Fade2White12 wrote:I believe it is Commish Tools -> "Keeper Management" -> Approve Keeper Players.

Nope. Then brings you to offline draft results and I have to reenter rosters anyway. Ridiculousness...

That's weird. But looks like you got it figured out. Great!

BTW, don't forget the waiver order. ;-D

;-D
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: League Chat

Postby rookies and cream » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:28 am

Apparently, players that are suspended or not yet signed to teams (N/A players) are treated the same as minor leaguers according to Yahoo.

Please be aware that the following players are being kept so are not available to be picked up:

Brian Wilson
Jose Valverde
Francisco Rodriguez
Carlos Ruiz
Yasmani Grandal

Do you guys think we should assign placeholders for these players? Otherwise, teams that have kept these players have a free roster spot, which I guess isn't the biggest deal in the world.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Fade2White12 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:37 pm

Question: Have we always had the players added setting to "Wait until called up to Majors?" Seems like I remember being able to promote a player of mine before their first start if I so decided.

I also had a thought: Yahoo has now added the option to add NA slots. Considering we have a MiLB system, it might be nice to have a few of these slots available to carry some of our prospects on our active roster. It may also help protect people from adding players owned by someone else.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Fade2White12 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:40 pm

rookies and cream wrote:Apparently, players that are suspended or not yet signed to teams (N/A players) are treated the same as minor leaguers according to Yahoo.

Please be aware that the following players are being kept so are not available to be picked up:

Brian Wilson
Jose Valverde
Francisco Rodriguez
Carlos Ruiz
Yasmani Grandal

Do you guys think we should assign placeholders for these players? Otherwise, teams that have kept these players have a free roster spot, which I guess isn't the biggest deal in the world.

If people really intend on keeping these players, then yeah, I think there should be placeholders. Either that, or limit them to roster moves where a subsequent drop must also take place.

But in my case (I own Rodriguez/Ruiz), I have every intention of dropping both players before the season starts - so this can be notice to all that both players are now FAs. !+)
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:42 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:
rookies and cream wrote:Apparently, players that are suspended or not yet signed to teams (N/A players) are treated the same as minor leaguers according to Yahoo.

Brian Wilson
Jose Valverde
Francisco Rodriguez
Carlos Ruiz
Yasmani Grandal

If people really intend on keeping these players, then yeah, I think there should be placeholders. Either that, or limit them to roster moves where a subsequent drop must also take place.

But in my case (I own Rodriguez/Ruiz), I have every intention of dropping both players before the season starts - so this can be notice to all that both players are now FAs. !+)

We could do placeholders, but if not, I think it would work fine if we say that in order to keep these players, you have to have an empty roster space.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 31)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:30 pm

Jake harv, you still need to repick. I grabbed Schoop last year, and he's still in my farm system.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 31)

PreviousNext

Return to Live Free or DyNasty