League Chat - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Live Free or DyNasty

League Chat

Moderators: WaCougMBS, rookies and cream, Bwanna

Re: 2012 League Chat

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:31 pm

I'm all for a moves limit if we promise to call it the "Bwanna Rule" :-b, and 6-8 sounds
Iike a good happy medium for allowing spot starting and/or prospect calling up/sending down. I don't understand the sentiment/need for reducing it in the playoffs though. Other than not wanting to self police it, I think it's a needles stipulation. I say pick a reasonable number and stick with it. My $0.02 ;-)
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

2012 League Chat

Postby Bwanna » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:44 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Bwanna wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:How do people feel about adding a weekly moves limit to try to curb streaming? I really don't like a limit for the whole season, because I fear that would make the trade deadline less interesting, and it would hurt teams that are near the bottom, because it would be more difficult to try to make some speculative pickups for the following year. However, if we had a maximum of, say, 6 moves per week, that would prevent streaming, but still enable a couple spot starts.

The only slight drawback to a limit is our farm promotions - it would give a bit of an advantage to someone with no farm players to promote/demote, but probably not enough to make much of a difference. I'd be OK with a 6-8 moves per week limit.

Here's a twist - what would you think about then reducing the number of moves per week for the playoffs? Say 8 during the season and 4 during the playoffs?

Do we know if this is possible to do in Yahoo? I'd be much more in favor of it if we can put that in place in Yahoo, rather than trying to self-police it.

I looked in another league I commish, and it appears you can change the limits any time.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 244)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rookies and cream » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:03 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:I'm all for a moves limit if we promise to call it the "Bwanna Rule" :-b, and 6-8 sounds
Iike a good happy medium for allowing spot starting and/or prospect calling up/sending down. I don't understand the sentiment/need for reducing it in the playoffs though. Other than not wanting to self police it, I think it's a needles stipulation. I say pick a reasonable number and stick with it. My $0.02 ;-)

I'm cool with whatever has been suggested so far. Maybe 1 more OF and P for next year and another P and MI/CI for the following year.

How bout this Greinke/Lawrie swap? Looks like the trade jinxed both!
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 45)

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:22 pm

rookies and cream wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:I'm all for a moves limit if we promise to call it the "Bwanna Rule" :-b, and 6-8 sounds

I'm cool with whatever has been suggested so far. Maybe 1 more OF and P for next year and another P and MI/CI for the following year.

I think I like the idea of going OF/OF/P or OF/P/BN and then MI/CI/P the next year rather than vice versus. I think the related ideas we might need to discuss would be do we want 2 catchers (not advocating, just asking) and how we want those P spots allocated (force another SP and/or RP spot or just load up on general spots). I thought of something else a while ago but it's escaping my mind for the moment !+)
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bwanna » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:42 pm

Yeah, that's fine to set a reasonable number and stick with it. And you can name it after me as well. ;D
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Thracken » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:41 am

On a different note...that hamilton trade seem crazy to anyone else?
Thracken
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

CafeholicCafe RankerCafecasterTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:52 am

Thracken wrote:On a different note...that hamilton trade seem crazy to anyone else?

Did you see Olt and a farm pick are also involved on the MadBum side?
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

2012 League Chat

Postby Bwanna » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:57 am

He wore me down in a moment of weakness. And, I was bored. ;)
[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:46 am

Very interesting trade, even with Olt involved. I'm surprised, Bwanna, that you would want to give up such a good piece when you are in a great position to go deep into the playoffs as is.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 31)

Postby Bwanna » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:19 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Very interesting trade, even with Olt involved. I'm surprised, Bwanna, that you would want to give up such a good piece when you are in a great position to go deep into the playoffs as is.

Indeed. :-b
[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Live Free or DyNasty