League Chat - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Live Free or DyNasty

League Chat

Moderators: WaCougMBS, rookies and cream, Bwanna

Re: 2012 League Chat

Postby rookies and cream » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:54 am

I'm certainly not against it, though I'd prefer to not to be pressured into making any league changes.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 43)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby smoovethug » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:26 am

Just add losses as a deterrent and maybe ops for hitters. I hate move caps.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

Postby Bwanna » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:48 am

Losses, move caps would probably have to be done next season. And, it's true, this isn't even close to being a public Yahoo league, so that's a little reactionary.

Another thing to make the pool of streaming candidates less appealing is to increase the roster size again.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/tbd]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 254)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:32 pm

kyflyfisher wrote:I was mislead; this is a glorified Yahoo Public League. Sorry but you need to find a new owner.

I'm sorry, but you were mislead? When, exactly, did anyone mislead you? The constitution is on this forum, which was easily accessible to you, and if you had such a big issue with a certain concept (be it streaming or something else), you easily could have asked about it prior to agreeing to take over a team and having the season start. I understand you may be disappointed with this realization, but bailing on the league after the season already started puts us in a really bad position and is pretty low IMO.

With that said, I am against streaming, and I would love to talk about ways to prevent it in the future, but telling us to find a new owner because of one thing you're against is complete BS.

edit to add another thought: Any change, IMO, would have to be done next season. Once a season starts, you don't all of a sudden change the rules.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:54 pm

I have no particular issue with anything in this league. Previous poster is correct: editing rules (at all) after the beginning of a season (in my opinion, no matter how small the proposed change) is a no-no.

I've enjoyed this league and see no ridiculous / abusive streaming at all.

In H2H leagues, sometimes picking up another player is fair. You could be up against an opponent with 5 two-start pitchers, and you have none. Of course you should be able to add a couple spot starts here and there.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Bwanna » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:04 pm

Yeah, I agree with Boomer and Flesh. I reacted a little too quickly to flyfisher's post. This is a far cry from a public league, and I'm assuming that anyone joining the league has read the constitution. I make more moves than anyone in this league, but most of them are bonehead moves that I regret later, and they are usually because of excitement about some rookie with a high ceiling rather than streaming pitchers.

I'd still like to discuss adding a cap on moves in some form or fashion for next year. It's tricky though because of the fact that we use up moves for farm promotions/demotions.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/tbd]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby kyflyfisher » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:53 pm

I don't support streaming, period.
I have only so much time to devote to Fantasy BB and really prefer the full blown contract, farm system,etc leagues. I want to start with my team in the spring, see where i am at the All Star break and decide if I'm a buyer or a seller. I guess you call it simulating being a GM. Sorry, I got the impression that this league was sort of like that.
Edit: Mislead FF in the fact that the Constitution about streaming one way or another that I can see. I assumed that since there were MiLB systems the league was beyond that. Sorry, but this is a glorified Yahoo/ESPN public league and not at all what I expected.
I can stick around if you like until another owner is found but at the vert least I won't be back next year, sorry.
Cheaters never prosper but they're still the world's fastest land animal
kyflyfisher
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:43 pm

kyflyfisher wrote:Sorry, but this is a glorified Yahoo/ESPN public league and not at all what I expected.

Meh. That's out of line. This league has been around for years. I'm picky about which leagues I join, and this is certainly one of them.

Before I join any league, I check out the trade rules, moves limits, categories, contract issues, keeper status, etc. Perhaps you should have done the same? This is a non-money, pride league. If you're not proud to be in it, then...
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 1)

Postby kyflyfisher » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:27 pm

How does longevity equate to quality? If this is the type league you guys want, more power to you. What attracted me to this league was how you guys seemingly got along. It looked like kind of a "break" from my other leagues in that there wasn't the contracts but still a deep minor league system. But I just can't handle the streaming in any form, thank you very much.
As far as pride, how prideful is it to have a revolving door pitching staff depending on who is a FA due to start that day? Anyone can do that and,at best, I think it is bush. Putting a staff together and keeping it is what I take pride in.Sorry, that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

BTW- Whoever made the remark about being pressured to make changes to the rules- I'm leaving the league because I don't like the rules. I wouldn't even consider pressuring you into making any changes. Not my style.
Cheaters never prosper but they're still the world's fastest land animal
kyflyfisher
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Bwanna » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:52 pm

Sorry, I assumed you had read the league rules before you joined. If streaming in any form is always considered bush to you, then a logical question after not seeing an innings or transaction limit would have been 'do you guys do anything to prevent streaming'?

Best wishes.
[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Live Free or DyNasty