Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2012 League Chat

Postby Fade2White12 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:14 pm

Happy to get both those guys there. I live near Lansing, so I got to see Marisnick play a couple times last year. I've seen a lot of top prospects play in person, but he is arguably the most impressive I've seen. It may be local homerism at play, but I stand by that.

And what's up with no one taking Bell before me? :-L
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:21 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:Happy to get both those guys there. I live near Lansing, so I got to see Marisnick play a couple times last year. I've seen a lot of top prospects play in person, but he is arguably the most impressive I've seen. It may be local homerism at play, but I stand by that.

Was interested to see where Bell would fall - he was the other guy I considered at 2.11, but I have a man crush on Oscar, so I had to stick to it. Marisnick was my lock for 3.11 If he ever made it that far, but I assumed he wouldn't ... Nice picks for sure - got some upside to go with your " sure thing" at 1.01 ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Thracken » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:30 pm

In all honesty, I'm not nearly as prepared for this draft as I should be, but I like getting Paxton there. 12 K/9 between A/AA, walk rate improved when he went up to AA...plus it's a nice homer pick! :-D
Thracken
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

CafeholicCafe RankerCafecasterTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 57)

Postby Third Day » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:38 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:Happy to get both those guys there. I live near Lansing, so I got to see Marisnick play a couple times last year. I've seen a lot of top prospects play in person, but he is arguably the most impressive I've seen. It may be local homerism at play, but I stand by that.

Cause he's a Pirate? :-?
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 275)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:40 pm

Added Rounds 4 and 5, and they should reflect all trades to this point (there are no deals that affect Round 3 as far as I can tell).

Bwanna, can you change Arenado from Thracken to me when you get a chance? Please and thank you in advance ;-D
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bwanna » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:38 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:Added Rounds 4 and 5, and they should reflect all trades to this point (there are no deals that affect Round 3 as far as I can tell).

Bwanna, can you change Arenado from Thracken to me when you get a chance? Please and thank you in advance ;-D

Already did. Double-check the ss.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 243)

Postby kyflyfisher » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:24 pm

I have a pretty impressive stable of 1B on my roster all of which are available in varying degrees. Not real particular in what I would be interested in but let me say that I have 3 picks left and a list of 5 or 6 prospects out there that I wouldn't mind drafting. Of course my heart was broken with the J.Paxton pick but that's another story.
Let me know if you are interested.
Cheaters never prosper but they're still the world's fastest land animal
kyflyfisher
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:21 pm

Just noticed rooks took an already-rostered guy in Harvey (he's AD's 2011 pick, now ownwd by kyflyfisher). I sent him an email, so hopefully he can both remedy this and don the dunce avatar ASAP ;-) :-b
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Postby smoovethug » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:53 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:so hopefully he can both remedy this and don the dunce avatar ASAP ;-) :-b

I think the Mets avi is more embarrassing.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 23)

PreviousNext

Return to Live Free or DyNasty