Just joined a new dynasty league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Just joined a new dynasty league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Just joined a new dynasty league

Postby NationalsOnTheRise » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:28 pm

Koontzy wrote:I would opt for:

Rangers
Reds- Predicted by many to win WS in 2012
Miami Marlins- with recent pickups should be a sleeper in 2012

We are talking about Dynasty, yes? Reds and Marlins long term I do not see as being anywhere near other clubs. Young talent I would go with Rays then Nationals, absurdly stacked at all times I would go Angels, Red Sox, then Yankees.

The Marlins replaced Vasquez with Burlehe, Nunez with Bell, and added Reyes. Bell is an upgrade and Reyes is a HUGE addition which with Lo Mo and Stanton adding another year will be tough, but in the grand scheme that is nothing compared to the five aforementioned teams.
"Nobody’s going to ask about the Nats being the No. 1 farm system in major league baseball," wondered Rizzo about his organization being ranked first by Baseball America. "You disappointed me." -Mike Rizzo
NationalsOnTheRise
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NationalsOnTheRise » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:32 pm

NationalsOnTheRise wrote:
Koontzy wrote:I would opt for:

Rangers
Reds- Predicted by many to win WS in 2012
Miami Marlins- with recent pickups should be a sleeper in 2012

We are talking about Dynasty, yes? Reds and Marlins long term I do not see as being anywhere near other clubs. Young talent I would go with Rays then Nationals, absurdly stacked at all times I would go Angels, Red Sox, then Yankees.

The Marlins replaced Vasquez with Burlehe, Nunez with Bell, and added Reyes. Bell is an upgrade and Reyes is a HUGE addition which with Lo Mo and Stanton adding another year will be tough, but in the grand scheme that is nothing compared to the five aforementioned teams.

I totally slept on the Phillies here and would probably put them ahead of the Red Sox and Yankess, but behind the Angels for now as stocked at all times. If the Nationals sign Fielder then they probably become the team as I just do not see the Rays ever spending money and the others are destined to be doomed with many old bodies (a la Yankee team now) whereas the Nats will have a solid combo of youth and proven talent.

Sleeper would be Royals.
"Nobody’s going to ask about the Nats being the No. 1 farm system in major league baseball," wondered Rizzo about his organization being ranked first by Baseball America. "You disappointed me." -Mike Rizzo
NationalsOnTheRise
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby FantasyTeamAdvice » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:18 am

I think the Nats could compete for the NL East is 1 or 2 years, but in that ballpark, might not have the greatest offense.

Go with Reds, Red Sox, Rangers, or Angels first, then Nats
FantasyTeamAdvice
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby NationalsOnTheRise » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:44 pm

FantasyTeamAdvice wrote:I think the Nats could compete for the NL East is 1 or 2 years, but in that ballpark, might not have the greatest offense.

Go with Reds, Red Sox, Rangers, or Angels first, then Nats

Why the Reds? Votto is only locked up for two seasons, Arroyo is expensive and not that good, Phillips is possibly on his way somewhere soon, Bruce is a beast and Cueto is nice though without Ks, Latos was a nice addition as was Madson but for only one year, Stubbs is young with star potential, Bailey and Chapman's buzz is gone and future is dim, Todd Frazier and Juan Francisco are interesting bats, Cozart and Mesoraco still seem like stud prospects, Neftali Soto and Billy Hamilton could be sweet additions at some point in the near future, but in the end they are a FAR CRY from the other teams mentioned. That rotation is barely good and not anything remotely close to the Braves on the farm. The bats are good, maybe even fringe really good, but for how long and not a whole lot that is absolutely monster star quality (think Stanton). If all goes right, Phillips gets extended, and Hamilton - Phillips- Votto - Bruce - Soto - Stubbs workout then their is a solid long-term lineup. In the end though, even with the stars aligning this team needs some serious breaks. I think they are going all in and hoping this is the year which means the future has been compromised and the franchise will be hurting in the near future.
NationalsOnTheRise
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team