Jason Heyward for Craig Kimbrel - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Jason Heyward for Craig Kimbrel

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Jason Heyward for Craig Kimbrel

Postby Urban Cohorts » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:04 pm

fast dogs wrote:
chargerss24 wrote:As of right now, this is what my team looks like: (12-team, 6x6 (Standard stats + Holds/OBP) unlimited keepers if under $26 budget).

So are there prices already attached to these 2? With 4 great OF already in place, you really don't need another OF as much as a star closer; even tho everyone prefers Heyward if price and current rosters aren't a factor...

Yeah, fast dogs makes a good point here. Your OF is already full with better options than Heyward. Any chance you can make the deal for Heyward and then deal away one of your OF for someone else? You could really use a stud 1B. Hosmer isn't a bad option, but he would look really good at CI behind a guy like Gonzalez or Tex at 1B. And I think with your OF, you could certainly acquire one of them. Maybe even Votto.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ensanimal » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:56 pm

I would certainly make that deal. Risky maybe, but you've got an offense that can handle a risky player. Closers after only 1 year aren't sure things anyways. Would give you the best offense in the league I'd guess.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 113)

Postby chargerss24 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:04 am

Urban Cohorts wrote:
fast dogs wrote:
chargerss24 wrote:As of right now, this is what my team looks like: (12-team, 6x6 (Standard stats + Holds/OBP) unlimited keepers if under $26 budget).

So are there prices already attached to these 2? With 4 great OF already in place, you really don't need another OF as much as a star closer; even tho everyone prefers Heyward if price and current rosters aren't a factor...

Yeah, fast dogs makes a good point here. Your OF is already full with better options than Heyward. Any chance you can make the deal for Heyward and then deal away one of your OF for someone else? You could really use a stud 1B. Hosmer isn't a bad option, but he would look really good at CI behind a guy like Gonzalez or Tex at 1B. And I think with your OF, you could certainly acquire one of them. Maybe even Votto.

I have Votto...and Verlander. So if I aquire Heyward, then I could maybe move Cargo for something(s) and slide Votto in at 1B. Because of budget problems, I can only afford one of Votto/Verlander/Cargo.
C-Doumit, Salty
1B- Fielder
2B-Pedroia
SS-Reyes
3B-Longoria
CI- Morneau
MI- Kipnis
OF- Myers Jennings Heyward
U- Ellsbury, B. Upton, Bruce

SP-Price Fernandez Miller Wheeler, Kluber
RP-Grilli, Farquhar, Crow, Veras
chargerss24
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby MrT » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:08 pm

Keep Kimbrel Perhaps the best or soon to be best closer compared to a questionable prospect.
MrT
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 39)

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:14 pm

MrT wrote:Keep Kimbrel Perhaps the best or soon to be best closer compared to a questionable prospect.

I couldn't possibly disagree with this more. Closers not named Mariano Rivera go up and down like the stock exchange. A few years ago Jonathon Broxton was a freak of nature and now he throws batting practice. Heyward is a far cry from a 'questionable prospect'. The guy has more talent than the vast majority of the players in the entire league and he was living up to it until he was slowed by injury. If he's healthy there's no reason to believe he won't perform.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 357)

Postby ensanimal » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:33 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
MrT wrote:Keep Kimbrel Perhaps the best or soon to be best closer compared to a questionable prospect.

I couldn't possibly disagree with this more. Closers not named Mariano Rivera go up and down like the stock exchange. A few years ago Jonathon Broxton was a freak of nature and now he throws batting practice. Heyward is a far cry from a 'questionable prospect'. The guy has more talent than the vast majority of the players in the entire league and he was living up to it until he was slowed by injury. If he's healthy there's no reason to believe he won't perform.

;-D ;-D
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 113)

Postby chargerss24 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:08 am

FWIW, I do have cheaper alternatives for saves that I did not list in Ryan Madson and Jordan Walden. Honestly, IMO, you can never have too many bats. I can always move a bat if I need some stats in the pitching categories during the season.

This offer is just one of several trade avenues I'm looking at. It's really just a matter of what direction I want to go in and if I had a gun to my head right now, I would pull the trigger. Not on the gun, but the trade. :-B
C-Doumit, Salty
1B- Fielder
2B-Pedroia
SS-Reyes
3B-Longoria
CI- Morneau
MI- Kipnis
OF- Myers Jennings Heyward
U- Ellsbury, B. Upton, Bruce

SP-Price Fernandez Miller Wheeler, Kluber
RP-Grilli, Farquhar, Crow, Veras
chargerss24
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby Element » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:31 pm

I'm on board with most everyone else here. You're buying low and selling high in my eyes. I am not thrilled with how Gonzalez used Kimbrel last season & if that is more of things to come I would be nervous if I owned him (dealt him last summer). Heyward has legitimate round 1 talent. Closers are closers. Good move for you.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 762)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions