Join my All-Time Greats Fantasy League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Join my All-Time Greats Fantasy League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Join my All-Time Greats Fantasy League

Postby LenZ » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:11 pm

I'm creating a site where you select any player as far back as 1919, and the year you want, and you'll go head-to-head each week in an 8-team fantasy league. I'll pull the stats together daily...all you have to do is play your regular starter or his sub. I need another 4 players for the league. If interested, respond here and I'll give you more details.
LenZ
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Join my All-Time Greats Fantasy League

Postby mdecav » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:20 pm

I might be interested.

mdecav@yahoo.com
mdecav
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: Join my All-Time Greats Fantasy League

Postby LenZ » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:25 am

OK....here's the basics of how my league will work:
Each team will pick 2 position players (one default starter and a sub) plus a SP and 2 additional P subs. You can only pick a player once. You have as far back as 1919 to select players. You will also have to decide which year you want for each player. So, for example, if you pick Joe Dimaggio you'll have to pick which year you want his stats to come from, say Joe Dimaggio '41 which was his consecutive hit streak year. The players you pick must have at least played that position at some point during that particular season. Other teams can select the same players, but with different years. We will 'draft' players, taking turns by email. Scoring will be similar to head-to-head scoring in Yahoo, with the following catergories: AB R H RBI HR BB SO BA IP GS ER BB SO ERA SHO CG NH PG W. We'll play a 21 week schedule, head-to-head Sunday-Saturday matchups, with a 3 week playoff.
Just so you know....the website I will be using is a free one. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that sites like Yahoo have, but I think it will work out just fine. I'll post each team's roster, and each player will have a direct link you can click on that takes you to his stat page. This will make it easy for all teams to decide who to start and who to sit each day. You are responsible for making your own substitutions. You will have until midnight of each day to submit subs, after which it will be too late and your default starter will take the stats for that day. I'll have a section up where you'll be able to send me notice of who to sub and on which day(s) you want him in for your default player. I'll have to manually put in these subs as I get them.
Those are the basics. Let me know if you want in.
LenZ
T-Ball Trainer

Return to Classifieds