Ichiro and Viciedo for Reynolds and Baker?(WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Ichiro and Viciedo for Reynolds and Baker?(WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Ichiro and Viciedo for Reynolds and Baker?(WHIR)

Postby kidsilk » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:34 am

So, if I do the deal and get Reynolds, Baker, and Martin I can keep up to 18 of my players on my roster. If you guys have time let me know who you would keep on my roster for this year. I can keep 0-18 players. I think after analyzing my team that I would keep about 12 players but I am curious to see who you guys think I should keep. Thanks again guys!
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1212)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SecretAgentMan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:43 am

I dunno, but I hate Reynolds and would not pay $1 for him let alone $32. I know it is AL only, but his avg is toxic and his K rate is just unbelievable. As much as Ichiro's skills are declining, I rather keep him.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 830)

Postby bigguy1551 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:50 am

I'm okay with the trade although i think Reynolds dollar value is a bit high. Ichiro is on the downside of his career so trading him is a good idea. You couls use the power. Martin concerns me a little. How much playing time is he going to lose to Montero? I would stick with the initial trade offer.
bigguy1551
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Urban Cohorts » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:38 am

SecretAgentMan wrote:I dunno, but I hate Reynolds and would not pay $1 for him let alone $32. I know it is AL only, but his avg is toxic and his K rate is just unbelievable. As much as Ichiro's skills are declining, I rather keep him.

He needs a power bat as stated in the first post. Reynolds will kill you in AVG, true. But he can produce great R/HR/RBI numbers, which more than negate his poor BA. But he also has guys like Dunn and Upton, who will also kill your AVG, so I think he is in the same boat regardless of if he adds Reynolds or not. The team as is will probably not finish in the top 1/2 of the league.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:33 pm

kidsilk wrote:So, if I do the deal and get Reynolds, Baker, and Martin I can keep up to 18 of my players on my roster. If you guys have time let me know who you would keep on my roster for this year. I can keep 0-18 players. I think after analyzing my team that I would keep about 12 players but I am curious to see who you guys think I should keep. Thanks again guys!

Assuming the trade is Ichiro, Viciedo, and Drabek for Reynolds, Baker, and Martin, and looking at your roster, and working with a $360 salary cap, I'd probably keep:

C-J. Molina($10) - too expensive :-t
C-Posada($10) - retiring :-t
1B-Morneau($34) - too risky for the price; have heard he's not over his concussion. :-t
2B-Cano($30) - Yep. ;-D
SS-Andrus($10) - Great price, AL SS is killer. Must-keep. ;-D
3B-Figgins($21) - As a Mariners fan, let me just say HAHAHAHAHAH :-t :-t :-t
CI-Kouz($10) - Just do not see the upside even in AL-only with this deep a bench. :-t
MI-Perralta($16) - This one's tough. I think the AVG will come down but the power is real. $16 is just about right. ;-D
OF-Boesch($10) - Good upside, will hit third and settle into RF; if he can get over his second half woes... ;-D
OF-Pie($10) - Don't see it. :-t
OF-Ichiro($22) - Traded
OF-BJ Upton($25) - I don't hate that price. ;-D
UTI-Dunn($36) - Crazy expensive; not sure I could do it. Big risk. :-t
Minors-Rowell($1)
Minors-Halman($1)
Minors-Viciedo($1)

P-Britton($1) - Cheap, young, and talented. Yep. ;-D
P-Buehrle($1) - Traded to NL.
P-Feliz($10) - Yeah. Might have bumpy road as a starter but upside is worth it. ;-D
P-Fuentes($7) - BLeh. :-t
P-Felix($45) - Now this is tough. Even with a $360 budget this is expensive. One of the best, if not the best pitcher in the AL. How much more would he go for at auction? Need a handle on your league. I'd be tempted, though. ;-D
P-Matusz($1) - Cheap, young, more talented. ;-D
P-Price($10) - Snap call. ;-D
P-Rzepcynski($3) - Cardinal, no?
P-Rauch($10) - moved to the NL
DL-Joba($20) - No. :-t
Minors-Cortes($1)
MInors-Crosby($1)
Minors-Drabek($1)
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:06 pm

Urban Cohorts wrote:
SecretAgentMan wrote:I dunno, but I hate Reynolds and would not pay $1 for him let alone $32. I know it is AL only, but his avg is toxic and his K rate is just unbelievable. As much as Ichiro's skills are declining, I rather keep him.

He needs a power bat as stated in the first post. Reynolds will kill you in AVG, true. But he can produce great R/HR/RBI numbers, which more than negate his poor BA. But he also has guys like Dunn and Upton, who will also kill your AVG, so I think he is in the same boat regardless of if he adds Reynolds or not. The team as is will probably not finish in the top 1/2 of the league.

If the team is a lost cause for 2012, then why trade for a stiff like Reynolds at a bad price point to put a band aid on it (at best imo)? Ichiro in AL-only would have to be worth something better long term, even in a deal for prospects or a marginal cheap player for salary relief to spend on something else.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 830)

Postby Urban Cohorts » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:14 pm

SecretAgentMan wrote:
Urban Cohorts wrote:

If the team is a lost cause for 2012, then why trade for a stiff like Reynolds at a bad price point to put a band aid on it (at best imo)? Ichiro in AL-only would have to be worth something better long term, even in a deal for prospects or a marginal cheap player for salary relief to spend on something else.
y

I meant the team won't finish in the top half of BA- not the league. Dunn + Upton is already a huge sinkhole to get out of in an AL only. So why not throw in Reynolds to improve 3 other stats at the cost of 1 (that he most likely won't do well in anyways).
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions