Draft Discussion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe

Return to First Cafe Mock 2012

Draft Discussion

Moderator: GiantsFan14

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby ensanimal » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:25 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
J35J wrote:It was between Longoria and Ellsbury there for me...still not sure which way I'd go in a real draft...I suppose seeing how they look and play in spring might sway me come draft day.

I'd go Ellsbury for sure, I think we're still a good 5 picks away from where I'd take Longo.

I have a logjam of guys in this area with Longo being one of them. As of now, I would have no clear cut advantage to any of them. That's the fun of mocking, seeing how early decisions affect the mid/end of the draft.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 51)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Urban Cohorts » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:30 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
J35J wrote:It was between Longoria and Ellsbury there for me...still not sure which way I'd go in a real draft...I suppose seeing how they look and play in spring might sway me come draft day.

I'd go Ellsbury for sure, I think we're still a good 5 picks away from where I'd take Longo.

I think I would have taken Ellsbury too, but I can't knock the Longo pick. If I was picking later in the order (like J35J), I would most certainly be looking to land Longo. I like him quite a bit over the next best 3B (where the real 3B cluster starts, IMO). But with the 12th pick overall, does Longo make it back to him in the second round? I give it a 50/50 shot at best and that may be a tad generous.

Thus far, any crazy picks in the 1st round? Or is that impossible? Or are we not allowed to talk about it yet :-X
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Saltydog » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:42 pm

You'll have to wait to see my opinion when the blog post is revealed.

I'll be giving thumbs up/thumbs down in each round with of course explanation/justification of my own selections.

Any and all input is suggested.
Saltydog
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 17)

Postby Urban Cohorts » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:49 pm

Saltydog wrote:You'll have to wait to see my opinion when the blog post is revealed.

I'll be giving thumbs up/thumbs down in each round with of course explanation/justification of my own selections.

Any and all input is suggested.

I wouldn't mind doing a short write up of what I was thinking if that would help your/your friend's blog. Just let me know.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:53 pm

Urban Cohorts wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:

I think I would have taken Ellsbury too, but I can't knock the Longo pick. If I was picking later in the order (like J35J), I would most certainly be looking to land Longo. I like him quite a bit over the next best 3B (where the real 3B cluster starts, IMO). But with the 12th pick overall, does Longo make it back to him in the second round? I give it a 50/50 shot at best and that may be a tad generous.

Thus far, any crazy picks in the 1st round? Or is that impossible? Or are we not allowed to talk about it yet :-X

you can talk about any picks already made, just don't talk about players who haven't been drafted.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 302)

Postby Saltydog » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:19 pm

So, does Element and ensanimal get 8 hours to make their bookend picks?
Saltydog
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 17)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:30 pm

Saltydog wrote:So, does Element and ensanimal get 8 hours to make their bookend picks?

they get 4 hours as well, both picks will get skipped at that point.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby fast dogs » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:46 pm

no pitchers thru 13, must not be 1 of those weighted towards SP point leagues. Cuddyer qualify @ 2nd, Montero @ C?
When asking for roster advice in these pages, remember there are thousands of different sets of league rules & many different active roster settings. If you want the best replies, be sure to include your leagues particulars in the original post
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 147)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:49 pm

fast dogs wrote:Cuddyer qualify @ 2nd, Montero @ C?

yes on both
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:08 am

earlier than i expected for hanley, still some guys i would take before him, but he was definitely on my radar for my next pick.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

PreviousNext

Return to First Cafe Mock 2012