Draft Discussion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to First Cafe Mock 2012

Draft Discussion

Moderator: GiantsFan14

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby ensanimal » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:25 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
J35J wrote:It was between Longoria and Ellsbury there for me...still not sure which way I'd go in a real draft...I suppose seeing how they look and play in spring might sway me come draft day.

I'd go Ellsbury for sure, I think we're still a good 5 picks away from where I'd take Longo.

I have a logjam of guys in this area with Longo being one of them. As of now, I would have no clear cut advantage to any of them. That's the fun of mocking, seeing how early decisions affect the mid/end of the draft.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 108)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Urban Cohorts » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:30 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
J35J wrote:It was between Longoria and Ellsbury there for me...still not sure which way I'd go in a real draft...I suppose seeing how they look and play in spring might sway me come draft day.

I'd go Ellsbury for sure, I think we're still a good 5 picks away from where I'd take Longo.

I think I would have taken Ellsbury too, but I can't knock the Longo pick. If I was picking later in the order (like J35J), I would most certainly be looking to land Longo. I like him quite a bit over the next best 3B (where the real 3B cluster starts, IMO). But with the 12th pick overall, does Longo make it back to him in the second round? I give it a 50/50 shot at best and that may be a tad generous.

Thus far, any crazy picks in the 1st round? Or is that impossible? Or are we not allowed to talk about it yet :-X
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Saltydog » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:42 pm

You'll have to wait to see my opinion when the blog post is revealed.

I'll be giving thumbs up/thumbs down in each round with of course explanation/justification of my own selections.

Any and all input is suggested.
Saltydog
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 143)

Postby Urban Cohorts » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:49 pm

Saltydog wrote:You'll have to wait to see my opinion when the blog post is revealed.

I'll be giving thumbs up/thumbs down in each round with of course explanation/justification of my own selections.

Any and all input is suggested.

I wouldn't mind doing a short write up of what I was thinking if that would help your/your friend's blog. Just let me know.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:53 pm

Urban Cohorts wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:

I think I would have taken Ellsbury too, but I can't knock the Longo pick. If I was picking later in the order (like J35J), I would most certainly be looking to land Longo. I like him quite a bit over the next best 3B (where the real 3B cluster starts, IMO). But with the 12th pick overall, does Longo make it back to him in the second round? I give it a 50/50 shot at best and that may be a tad generous.

Thus far, any crazy picks in the 1st round? Or is that impossible? Or are we not allowed to talk about it yet :-X

you can talk about any picks already made, just don't talk about players who haven't been drafted.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby Saltydog » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:19 pm

So, does Element and ensanimal get 8 hours to make their bookend picks?
Saltydog
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 143)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:30 pm

Saltydog wrote:So, does Element and ensanimal get 8 hours to make their bookend picks?

they get 4 hours as well, both picks will get skipped at that point.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby fast dogs » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:46 pm

no pitchers thru 13, must not be 1 of those weighted towards SP point leagues. Cuddyer qualify @ 2nd, Montero @ C?
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 280)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:49 pm

fast dogs wrote:Cuddyer qualify @ 2nd, Montero @ C?

yes on both
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:08 am

earlier than i expected for hanley, still some guys i would take before him, but he was definitely on my radar for my next pick.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

PreviousNext

Return to First Cafe Mock 2012