Pick 6 keepers from this team... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Pick 6 keepers from this team...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pick 6 keepers from this team...

Postby SecretAgentMan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:23 am

5x5 Roto, 10 tean, 13\9 Rosters (2C). We keep any 6. What do I do with this mess\which 6 do I keep?

C: Y. Molina, K. Suzuki
1B: Butler
2B: Pedroia
SS: A. Cabrera
3b: Wright
IF: Uggla
OF: Crawford, Berkman, Hunter, R. Roberts, Crisp
Util: Peralta
Bench: Jeter

SP: Kershaw, Weaver, Hanson, Oswalt, Pineida, Kuroda, Garza
RP: Bell, B. Wilson
Bench: Colon, Santos
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 830)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pick 6 keepers from this team...

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:50 am

OF: Crawford,
SP: Kershaw,
Weaver
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:45 am

Pedroia, Wright, Cabrera, Crawford, Kershaw, Weaver.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby MaudDib » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:15 am

C: Y. Molina, K. Suzuki
1B: Butler
2B: Pedroia ;-D
SS: A. Cabrera
3b: Wright ;-D
OF: Crawford ;-D , Berkman, Hunter, R. Roberts, Crisp
Util: Peralta
Bench: Jeter

SP: Kershaw ;-D , Weaver ;-D , Hanson, Oswalt, Pineida, Kuroda, Garza
RP: Bell, B. Wilson
Bench: Colon, Santos

Those are the easy five. That last one is hard though. I don't trust Cabrera to have anything remotely close to last year so i wouldn't keep him. If you could swing a deal with him involved that would be ideal but that is usually pretty hard to pull off and most people are pretty skeptical about him. Uggla is good but you already have a 2B and he will kill your BA. Not what I would want going into the draft. Which leaves me Butler or Pineida. Because this is a 10 team league, SP should be plentiful so I would lean towards Butler. He had a good second half that could lead to more power this year. He helps in a number of categories and doesn't really hurt you in any of them.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 281)

Postby KoolPapaBell » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:19 am

I agree with MaudDib above me, except that for #6 I would choose between Hanson and Pineda. I know people are worried about Hanson's health, but I think his upside makes him worth the risk.
KoolPapaBell
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:06 pm

Interesting in that everyone is still up on Wright? I have just about given up on him and have him on my avoid list this year in non-keepers. To me Pedroia, Kershaw and Weaver are easy. I have to keep Crawford even if he killed me last season. Do not see much of a choice. After that, it is basically 2 of Wright, Uggla, Cabrera, Berkman, Hanson. I would love to deal Wright and Cabrera for an upgraded stick, but this is a really trade hostile league so I am not optimistic in getting anything done there.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby fast dogs » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:53 pm

we all tire of different players at a different pace. I gave up on Uggla last year and won't be going back; Crawford I don't own and probably won't. People don't have to be up on Wright to include him among your keepers; he's at least that. Always tuff to trade 2 guys for 1 in the offseason, especially in a 10 teamer where most everyone has 6 they like from their roster. I think pitching is so plentiful and SS so weak Asdrubal earned another year from you
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 254)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:54 pm

SecretAgentMan wrote:Interesting in that everyone is still up on Wright? I have just about given up on him and have him on my avoid list this year in non-keepers. To me Pedroia, Kershaw and Weaver are easy. I have to keep Crawford even if he killed me last season. Do not see much of a choice. After that, it is basically 2 of Wright, Uggla, Cabrera, Berkman, Hanson. I would love to deal Wright and Cabrera for an upgraded stick, but this is a really trade hostile league so I am not optimistic in getting anything done there.

With Citi Field moving their fences in and Wright presumably healthy, I have no problem predicting 2010 level of production from DW, where he went .283, 29 HR, 103 RBI, 87 R, 19 SB... he's been that type of player for most of his career, and I'm far away from the point of souring on him, especially at a position as thin as 3B.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby Urban Cohorts » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:10 pm

OF: Crawford
SP: Kershaw, Weaver
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby SecretAgentMan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:35 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
SecretAgentMan wrote:Interesting in that everyone is still up on Wright? I have just about given up on him and have him on my avoid list this year in non-keepers. To me Pedroia, Kershaw and Weaver are easy. I have to keep Crawford even if he killed me last season. Do not see much of a choice. After that, it is basically 2 of Wright, Uggla, Cabrera, Berkman, Hanson. I would love to deal Wright and Cabrera for an upgraded stick, but this is a really trade hostile league so I am not optimistic in getting anything done there.

With Citi Field moving their fences in and Wright presumably healthy, I have no problem predicting 2010 level of production from DW, where he went .283, 29 HR, 103 RBI, 87 R, 19 SB... he's been that type of player for most of his career, and I'm far away from the point of souring on him, especially at a position as thin as 3B.

Maybe...in theory though if it were just Citi Field, he would at least have hit on the road. I think it is in his head. Add in Reyes and Beltran gone and the Mets may very well finish dead last in the NL East in 2012. If it is from pressure to be the man in NYC, that is only going to get worse in 2012. Other than Ike Davis, who on the Mets can hit now besides Wright? Just not happy having to keep Wright and Crawford and watch another fantasy offense go up in smoke potentially.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions