R. Zimmerman for A. Gordon, Haren, Jurrjens - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

R. Zimmerman for A. Gordon, Haren, Jurrjens

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: R. Zimmerman for A. Gordon, Haren, Jurrjens

Postby MaudDib » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:46 pm

Arrowhead Nation wrote:His OFers are fairly studly....Cargo, McCutcheon, Stanton, with Francouer and Gordon.

His IF goes 1B Butler 2B Utley SS Hanley, with Wieters @ C. he obviously is looking for the last piece of the puzzle. That is the other reason why I am wavering. We both finished in the top 4 teams in 2011, and with 3B being so shallow, I almost feel like I can't deal Zim to him no matter what the price is. I doubt he would do a Gordon/Kershaw or Cargo/Haren -- and due to scarcity, as awesome as that sounds, I'm not sure I would want to do it.

If you could get Stanton/McCutchen and one of those SP, I would think really hard about that. Or straight up for Cargo.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 369)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rdd121robroy » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:20 pm

MaudDib wrote:
Arrowhead Nation wrote:His OFers are fairly studly....Cargo, McCutcheon, Stanton, with Francouer and Gordon.

His IF goes 1B Butler 2B Utley SS Hanley, with Wieters @ C. he obviously is looking for the last piece of the puzzle. That is the other reason why I am wavering. We both finished in the top 4 teams in 2011, and with 3B being so shallow, I almost feel like I can't deal Zim to him no matter what the price is. I doubt he would do a Gordon/Kershaw or Cargo/Haren -- and due to scarcity, as awesome as that sounds, I'm not sure I would want to do it.

If you could get Stanton/McCutchen and one of those SP, I would think really hard about that. Or straight up for Cargo.

I would do the same and if he won't go for it so be it. If he wants Zimmerman make it hurt.
rdd121robroy
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ayebatter » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:42 am

rdd121robroy wrote:
If he wants Zimmerman make it hurt.

This, you can't give him the last piece of the puzzle, period, but you can change the piece he needs.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1280)

Postby Arrowhead Nation » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:34 am

Thanks for the replies guys. I definitely agree that I can't give him Zimmerman without making it hurt. Giving up Haren hurts him, but with Hanson, Kershaw & Beachy, he wouldn't hurt that much.
Arrowhead Nation
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby mkultra » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:44 pm

I totally disagree that you need to make the other owner "hurt" because you feel you're exposing a bigger gap in your team. Bottom line, if a trade makes both your teams better, it's a trade worth doing.

I really think this trade boils down to who replaces Zimmerman on your squad. On its face, I think the trade's great for you: Haren would give you 3 ace starters, Gordon's a solid #2 OF, and Jurrjens has great upside if he can stay healthy. I also think 3B is deeper than people think- aside from the clear studs, of whom Zimm is probably last (Bautista, Longoria, Beltre, Wright, Zimm), there are a bunch of older guys who could still put up great numbers (Arod, Young, Youk) and some interesting younger guys (Moustakis, Lawrie). Even Bonifacio's a decent play in a deep league.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby Urban Cohorts » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:50 pm

mkultra wrote:I totally disagree that you need to make the other owner "hurt" because you feel you're exposing a bigger gap in your team. Bottom line, if a trade makes both your teams better, it's a trade worth doing.

Agreed.

If Alex Gordon still had 3B eligibility, I would have made this trade for sure. Value wise, it looks like a pretty decent return for Zimmerman. But since you have no other decent 3B option, it is a no go.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby kidsilk » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:45 am

I would keep Zimm in this case. He is the best player in the deal and 3B is too scarce to downgrade unless you get a stud bat in return like CarGO. But, I doubt he would do that.

please help

viewtopic.php?t=437842
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1232)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions