List of probable closers for all teams - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

List of probable closers for all teams

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bslcommish » Tue Mar 25, 2003 6:35 pm

Anonymous wrote:Does Cordero have a chance to be the closer in Texas? :-o

i don't think they are paying urbina to set up. so unless urbina gets hurt or shelled a lot, no
bslcommish
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Payne Dailey » Tue Mar 25, 2003 8:28 pm

The Rangers closer situation is scary.
If UU gets hurt , which is very likely, they have Yan, Zimmerman and Cordero to pick from . If it was up to me I'd give Cordero a shot , he was awesome last year before he got hurt. Still got to wait on UU though.
Payne Dailey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattusd » Wed Mar 26, 2003 12:04 am

though i'd add my two cents....

Jesus Colome, not Lance Carter, will close in Tampa after his great spring that was close to dominant... i love his stuff. (but carter also is having a good spring, but lacks the makeup of a closer; ie: heat)

also, bukvich is too erratic to steal the job from macdougal... who is also wild. but it's macdougal all the way, he's just more polished.

as far as florida, i still say watch out for spooneybarger... he could get his chance, possibly by the end of april.

also, i think billy koch sucks... i wouldn't be surprised to see flash gordon steal the job by midseason.
mattusd
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: hm

Postby rotisseriking » Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:54 am

rjforlife wrote:who is ryan bukvich? and i heard from a guy in a yahoo private league (still not entirely reliable) that they werent using mesa as the closer in philly but someone else.....anyone heard anything like that and have the name of the closer is this just mindless banter.

There has been talk of Terry Adams moving into the role if Mesa struggles...IF he struggles. In deep leagues I think Adams might be a good pickup but I doubt he'll see a ton of save chances but instead 6+ wins like Rhodes last season.
rotisseriking
College Coach
College Coach

Re: hm

Postby scottdg » Wed Mar 26, 2003 12:03 pm

rotisseriking wrote:
rjforlife wrote:who is ryan bukvich? and i heard from a guy in a yahoo private league (still not entirely reliable) that they werent using mesa as the closer in philly but someone else.....anyone heard anything like that and have the name of the closer is this just mindless banter.

There has been talk of Terry Adams moving into the role if Mesa struggles...IF he struggles. In deep leagues I think Adams might be a good pickup but I doubt he'll see a ton of save chances but instead 6+ wins like Rhodes last season.

The Phillies have a couple options if Mesa goes down. Carlos Silva may be the next closer. But you are right Adams may be the first one to get a chance as well as Dave Coggin when/if he is healthy. I think the most likely option for the Phillies is a trade. Look for them to try and get Acevedo if karsay comes back and the Yankees release or trade him. Another name I have heard is Escobar, since it seems Pollitte may be ready to close in Toronto.
scottdg
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby kswiss » Thu Mar 27, 2003 4:51 am

I was just reading through ESPN.com's Season Preview written on the 24th, and it says that Florida's closer will be Tim Spooneybarger instead of Braden Looper. I should beleive ESPN and drop Looper right?
kswiss
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Guru_fbc » Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:27 am

anybody know who's closing for the yanks and for the cubs?
The Guru_fbc
College Coach
College Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby MookieNJ » Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:53 am

Sportsline still has Looper listed as the closer. Interesting situations for both Florida teams.

Lance Carter or Jesus Colome?

Braden Looper or Tim Spooneybarger?

Juan Acevedo will be closing for the Yanks to start the season, and I suspect Dave Veres or Mike Remlinger will be closing for the Cubs.
-Mark

Please rate my team here:

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103801
MookieNJ
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Siege1386 » Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:23 pm

Just to let you know I am trying to keep a list of the closers at each team updated on my website in the Depth Charts section
Help me out by making a [url=http://www.fsworld.net/modules/donations/]Donation[/url] or [url=http://www.fsworld.net/register.php]Registering[/url] for my website

Siege1386
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby EugeneStyles » Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:45 pm

master list updated... at least somewhat.
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers