List of probable closers for all teams - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

List of probable closers for all teams

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:02 am

The Boston Situation could get interesting. Don't be suprised if Detroit trades Anderson to Boston for say Hillenbrand.

Anderson could also go to San Diego for pitching prospects, which Detroit has very little of.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

trade?

Postby bman » Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:56 am

did you really hear that anderson might got to boston? is he worth picking up in a mixed league? i love his arm if its healthy...
bman

Postby The Incubus » Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:40 am

Their is no doubt he will be traded. When I look at teams that would be in the hunt Boston and San Diego are the only two that really stand out.

I would draft him regardless. He will be cheap because he is in Detroit. He is healthy so if he stays their for the whole year he will still get 20-30 saves. If he is traded, 30-40 saves.
The Incubus
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

marlins closer

Postby cdawghc » Sat Mar 15, 2003 10:37 pm

if it is looper i think he will have a break out year...the team should cotnend
cdawghc

Postby Danks81 » Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:58 pm

Detroit wouldn't trade Anderson for Hillebrand. They would rather give prospect Eric Munson a shot to develop at 3rd.
"I tried to hit a 1,000-foot homer. I went down on the ground and wasn't the same after that."
- Henry Rodriguez
Danks81
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Jury » Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:16 pm

Braden Looper for sure in Florida. He was nails last season 13 for 13 after a shaky beginning.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Incubus » Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:00 pm

Danks81 -

It is true that the Tigers are using Munson at 3rd during ST (and during winter ball), but until he learns to hit a off speed pitch or curveball he won't last. Think about it, how many all glove no hit corner infielder's have starting jobs in MLB. The tigers tried it last year with Chris Truby.
The Incubus
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Danks81 » Wed Mar 19, 2003 8:45 pm

This maybe so, but if they traded Anderson for Hillebrand it would further impede Munson's development. He has greater talent than Hillebrand and just needs the opportunity to showcase it. The Tigers will trade Anderson for prospects.
"I tried to hit a 1,000-foot homer. I went down on the ground and wasn't the same after that."
- Henry Rodriguez
Danks81
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Incubus » Thu Mar 20, 2003 12:52 am

You have to look at it this way;

If Anderson Walks at the end of the season because of free agency, 100% of Zero is Zero

Munson should be focused on hitting and become Detroit's DH. If you are rebuilding are you going to depend on Dean Palmer at DH? It is just like in the business world, successful organizations place people where they are best succeed.

Don't use a band aid if you need stitches.

Personally, Anderson should be delt to San Diego for pitching prospects. They are loaded.
The Incubus
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Danks81 » Thu Mar 20, 2003 2:33 am

You're right, Anderson will be dealt for prospects. I was contradicting the statement that the Tigers might trade Anderson for Hillebrand for they want to try Munson at 3B. He needs to settle in on a position, and he is athletic enough to handle one once given the chance.

Also, Taking Dombrowski's track record into account, they will receive players with litt tle to zero major league experience when they deal Anderson.
- Henry Rodriguez
Danks81
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers