Seeking Dynasty Keeper Auction league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Seeking Dynasty Keeper Auction league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Seeking Dynasty Keeper Auction league

Postby Dalkowski » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:23 am

Experienced and very involved owner seeking Dynasty Keeper League.
Prefer a start up league with a format that includes auction, contracts and a minor league element.......no Roto.
Please respond to this post or e-mail @ loden220022@yahoo.com with any openings.

Thanks!
Dalkowski
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Seeking Dynasty Keeper Auction league

Postby KoolPapaBell » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:39 pm

I'm in the same boat, although it doesn't need to be start-up, and unlike the OP, I DO prefer roto.

PM me or email fishery002003@yahoo.com.
KoolPapaBell
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby sratican » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:35 pm

OP - I am seeking the same thing. If you find something, or decide to start something, let me know!
sratican Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 21)

Postby clevername » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:10 pm

I'm interested in this, as well.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby sratican » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:49 pm

If one of you guys creates a league that is $50 or more - I am in and have another owner interested as well.
sratican Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 21)

Postby Dalkowski » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:40 am

I'd like to start a new league but simply don't have the time to devote to doing it properly.
Dalkowski
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby hyer7 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:21 pm

I am starting a keeper league with the elements that you guys are looking for. I'll post the first draft of the constitution below. I have been playing around with fantrax to host the site.

I would be willing to do contracts instead of the keeper inflation as well as increasing the number of minor leaguers. $50 sounds good for league fee. We would use leaguesafe for the fees. Also, please note the playoff format. I copied this from a well established league I found online. Basically, I copied the whole constitution from different leagues I found on the web.

The scoring structure is from a league I have played in for 10 years. It really favors power hitting and power pitching. We also had the rule in the league that you could only use 1 start from a SP per week, if the SP pitched 2x, the higher score would be used.

So far I have myself and 2 others that have committed to the league. Nothing is written in stone as far as the rules go yet.

2011 Keeper League Constitution

14 Teams
Head to Head Points League
Weekly Match-Ups

Teams:
The 14 teams will be separated into 2 conferences. Each conference will consist of 7 teams.

Playoffs:
The team, in each conference, with the best record will be declared conference champion. The next 4 teams, regardless of conference, with the best records will be awarded the final 4 playoff spots.

Playoffs:
At the conclusion of the regular season, the two division winners and the following four teams with the best record, regardless of division, would advance to the 5-week playoff round. Each playoff team would face the others once. At the conclusion of the 5-week playoff round, the teams with the best records during the round would be determined champion, 2nd place, and 3rd place. The final standings will be determined using the same basis as the regular season standings.

Tie Breakers for Playoff: Two Teams -
The first tie breaker is head to head record. The second tie breaker is total points. The third tie breaker is record during the final 4 weeks of the season. The 4th tie breaker is total points during the final 4 weeks of the season

Tie Breaker for Playoffs Multiple Teams –
The first tie breaker is head to head record. If one team holds in advantage (no ties) in head to head record against all other teams that they are tied with, they will be awarded the playoff spot. Second tie breaker is total points. Third tie breaker is record during the final 4 weeks of the season. The 4th tie breaker is total points during the final 4 weeks of the season.

Consolation Playoffs:
The eight teams that do not qualify for the playoffs will be put into the consolation playoffs. The outcome of the consolation bracket will determine the order of the minor league draft for the following year, with the WINNER getting the first pick. Teams will be seeded 1-8, with the 1st seed playing the 8th seed. The bracket will not reset.

Regular Season Schedule:
19 week regular season schedule. Each team will play each team in their division 2 times, and each team in the opposite division 1 time.

SCORING:
Hitters:
Single I point
Double 2 Points
Triple 3 Points
Home Run 4 Points
Run Batted In 3 Points
Walk – 1 Point
Run2 points

Pitchers:
Walk -1
Hit Allowed -1
Earned Run -3
Win 10
Save 10
Relief Win -5
Quality Start 5
Hold 5
Strikeout 3
Inning Pitched 3

Starters:
1 Catcher
1 First Baseman
1 Second Baseman
1 Third Baseman
1 Shortstop
3 Outfielders
1 Utility
7 Pitchers (Starters or Relievers)
Bench 7 Players

Roster:
Roster size is 23. Any transaction that would bring the roster over the limit of 23 will not be allowed.

Active Rosters:
Starting line-ups must be set at least 5 minutes before the first game each of MLB each week.

Auction:
Each team has a $260 budget to purchase a 23 player roster. At least $1 dollar must be spent on each player. Each owner must conclude the auction with a full roster of 23 players conforming to the roster requirements set above.

Player Eligibility: Players may be purchased in the auction from the Major or Minor Leagues, other professional leagues, or amateur leagues. Minor leaguers or amateurs purchased in the auction will be treated as Major Leaguers and will require a Major League roster spot. They will not be eligible for a team’s farm system.

Trades During Auction: You may not trade your auction dollars during the draft, but you may trade already drafted players. Minor League draft picks may be traded.

In Season
A salary cap of $300 will be enforced during the season. All transactions that would put a team over the salary cap will not be allowed.

Keepers
Each team may keep up to 5 players per year from their Major League roster. Each player kept will have their salary increased by $1, $3, $5, $7, or $10. Each team will choose what increase to give to each of their keepers.

Trades
The trading deadlines will be the second Sunday in August at 10 PM central time. Trades will be allowed again after the playoffs have ended. Any player traded during the offseason (after the playoffs and before the auction) must be kept. In order for an offseason trade to be completed, the next seasons due must be paid in full.

Protesting trades: If 3 or more owners protest a trade, the trade will be sent to the trade committee. The trade committee will consist of the commissioner and two other owners. A vote in the offseason will determine the final two members of the committee. If a trade is denied, an e-mail must be sent to the league explaining why it was denied.

Farm System:
The Farm: Each team may hold up to 5 players in their farm system at any time. Players in your farm system may be kept as long as you want for free and do not have a dollar value.

Farm Team transactions: Players can be brought up to your major league roster at any time during the season and will gain a salary of $1. Once promoted, your minor leaguer cannot return to a farm system. A farm system player may be released at anytime without penalty, but the only way to acquire new minor leaguers is through the yearly farm system draft or through trades.

Minor League Draft:
Players Eligible: A minor league draft will be held every year during the offseason. Player eligible for the minor league draft are players who still have MLB rookie status. Players with less than 130 at bats or 50 innings pitched are considered rookies. Japanese League players, other professional league players, and the kid down the block with a great arm are eligible.

First Year: The first minor league draft will take place after the auction and take place via e-mail. The minor league draft will be take place in snake format. The first year order will be random.

Future Years: Future minor league drafts will take place during the offseason. Future draft will not be held in snake format. Teams must have minor league roster spots available to draft minor leaguers. Roster spots must be cleared at least 2 weeks before the draft. If a team clears 1 roster spot, they will only have a first round pick in the minor league draft. If they clear 2 spots, they will picks in the first 2 rounds. Up to 5 rounds will be held.

Future Years Draft Order:
The outcome of the consolation playoffs will determine the order of the minor league draft. The winner of the consolation playoffs will be awarded the first selection, the 2nd place team will pick 2nd, and so on until the 8th pick.
Spots 9-14 will be determined by the outcome of the regular playoffs. The winner of the league will be given last pick.

Free Agents
Players Eligible: Free agents are players who are currently on a major league roster. Minor Leaguers cannot be acquired through free agency. There is a maximum of two free agent pickups per week. Rosters will be frozen at beginning of the league playoffs and may not be changed by any other method other than trade.

Free Agent Acquisition Budget (FAAB):
Each team will be given a budget of $100 at the beginning of the regular season to be used throughout the entire regular season. Owners will submit a bid for each free agent they wish to add to their Major League roster. High bid gets the player. Ties will be broken by record and then total points. Winning bids will be subtracted from each team’s balance.

Free agents salary: A free agent who is picked up will be assigned the salary equal to the winning bid in the FAAB process. Example, if Todd Coffey is acquired from free agency for $5, his salary for salary cap purposes, is $5.

Keeping Free Agents: Players acquired via free agency are not eligible to be kept.
hyer7
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby apots » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:32 pm

pm sent
apots
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dovkass » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:52 pm

I have, it seems, one spot available in an AL only contract auction league which might interest you

$10 fee for stats servivem we play on rotowire

Here are the game boards so you can see what we are about.

We are entereing our 11th year

http://prbl.proboards.com/index.cgi?

you can contact me at dovkass@013.net
dovkass
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Classifieds