Prado,Hanson,Lind or Storen - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Prado,Hanson,Lind or Storen

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Prado,Hanson,Lind or Storen

Postby MaudDib » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:59 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:you guys don't think the league might be favorable to RP if Storen outscored Felix last year or do you just think it'll be easier to replace storen? I'm not sure I trust Hanson's health, and if Storen ourscored Felix last year then I feel like he'd practically be a lock to outscore Hanson this year. Admittedly I've never played a points league so if there's something wrong with my line of thinking let me know.

In points leagues, RP can match SP in points. The problem is that year to year, you don't know which RP will actually do that. Going into 2010, Broxton was one of the best closers in the game only to put up a 4+ ERA and out of the job less than a year later. Before the season started last year, Axford was considered a second tier closer only to finish the season in the top 3. Point is, you just can't predict how good closers will be year to year. So taking Storen is a big question mark because we just don't know what he will do next year.

Hanson has the most upside but also has the most downside. He could be a top 20 SP or could be shut down at any point because of shoulder issues. So saying all that, I think I would go with Storen. He should be fine this year and should give you plenty of points. While you can't know exactly what he will give you, you will at least get a top 10 closer that should give you a full season.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Prado,Hanson,Lind or Storen

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:25 am

MaudDib wrote:Hanson has the most upside but also has the most downside. He could be a top 20 SP or could be shut down at any point because of shoulder issues. So saying all that, I think I would go with Storen.

I agree with this, actually. It goes against the grain to keep a closer over a high upside SP, but in a points league with those settings I think it makes sense.

If you don't have to choose keepers for a while, I'd see if Prado gets traded to Colorado. He'd get his 2B eligibility back and he was a nice bounce back candidate anyway, Coors would just make it all the more sweet.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions