Prado,Hanson,Lind or Storen - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Prado,Hanson,Lind or Storen

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Prado,Hanson,Lind or Storen

Postby nolesox » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:50 pm

I am in a 14 team H2H points bases keeper league, we start C,1B,2B,3B,SS,4 OF,1IF,1 DH(any hitter),4 SP,1 flex P,and 2 RP. We keep 9 players and have a 5 man farm. Assuming we can't make a deal wondering who to keep out of Hanson,Storen,Lind and Prado. The guys I am keeping are listed below along w/ the 5 farm guys.

1B Pujols
2B/OF Zobrist
3B Zimmerman
SS Hanley
OF J Upton
3B/OF Bautista
1B/C Napoli
SP F Hernandez
??
Farm is:
S Miller
B Harper
B Jackson
W Myers
B Belt 1b/of
From what I can tell it looks like there will be a lot of bats kept and some nice SP available in the draft. If I knew Hanson was healthy I think he is a no brainer, but shoulders in pitchers bother me as I have been burned in the past by Webb,Santana and last J Johnson. I love position flexibility w/ Prado especially since I could see him in Colorado playing 2B.Lind I still think his peripherals say he's closer to a top 10 1B than not(see LD %) and I hate keeping closers but Storen is young and outscored Felix last year. Thanks for the help guys. WHIR
nolesox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Prado,Hanson,Lind or Storen

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:09 pm

Prado or Storen. I expect Prado to bounce back reasonably well from last season though you already have two 3B and he's not quite as valuable as an OF. Would definitely take him if I thought he was going to Colorado. Otherwise I'd probably go with Storen just because it sounds like closers can be pretty valuable in your settings.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby Element » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:39 pm

I still need to go with the upside and keep Hanson. Prado is nice and all, but I'm guessing that if you really want him you can probably redraft him at a reasonable spot.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 632)

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:48 pm

Hanson easily.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kidsilk » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:28 pm

I think you have to keep Hanson here. His value is much higher than the others you listed. Hanson is the guy for me. Nice keepers by the way.

please help

viewtopic.php?t=437776
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1212)

Postby ensanimal » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:57 pm

Hanson for me as well. The others are "replaceable" types whereas Hanson can be real good.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Postby Urban Cohorts » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:16 am

Element wrote:I still need to go with the upside and keep Hanson. Prado is nice and all, but I'm guessing that if you really want him you can probably redraft him at a reasonable spot.

+1
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:20 am

you guys don't think the league might be favorable to RP if Storen outscored Felix last year or do you just think it'll be easier to replace storen? I'm not sure I trust Hanson's health, and if Storen ourscored Felix last year then I feel like he'd practically be a lock to outscore Hanson this year. Admittedly I've never played a points league so if there's something wrong with my line of thinking let me know.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby ensanimal » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:44 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:you guys don't think the league might be favorable to RP if Storen outscored Felix last year or do you just think it'll be easier to replace storen? I'm not sure I trust Hanson's health, and if Storen ourscored Felix last year then I feel like he'd practically be a lock to outscore Hanson this year. Admittedly I've never played a points league so if there's something wrong with my line of thinking let me know.

Depends on the reason he outscored him, but if it's based on saves being overvalued, Storen can be replaced by any number of closers.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Postby nolesox » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:49 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:you guys don't think the league might be favorable to RP if Storen outscored Felix last year or do you just think it'll be easier to replace storen? I'm not sure I trust Hanson's health, and if Storen ourscored Felix last year then I feel like he'd practically be a lock to outscore Hanson this year. Admittedly I've never played a points league so if there's something wrong with my line of thinking let me know.

Storen and Kimbrel outscored all other closers by 50 points or more. It seems like a bit of an anomaly. Most years the best closers are around 700 points or so. The top SP score anywhere between 850-1000. Just worked out a lil funky this year because of the way our weekly ERA bonuses work. Part of the reason I never keep closers because even the elite ones normally only score what an avg SP scores. That and it's such a volatile position where predicting who will be the top closers year to year is just about impossible. More curious if maybe Storen is an exception for succeeding at such and early age and the Nats actually looking like their gonna be contenders in the next few years so maybe he gets an inordinate amount of oppertunities ala K-Rod in his Angels days.
nolesox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions