What is the earliest you would draft... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

What is the earliest you would draft...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What is the earliest you would draft...

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:14 am

12 team new dynasty league. H2H.

What is the earliest you would draft Bryce Harper and Ryan Braun? They both seem to be going earlier then I would have thought so fidured Id seek other's input.
Please help me with analyzing my team? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=433592
Mateo de Lorenzo Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What is the earliest you would draft...

Postby fast dogs » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:28 am

I'd certainly take Braun with my 1st round pick and Harper would have to fall to about pick 100 for me. I've seen what Braun can do playoff time; after 5 years 4 2/3 of Braun should be better than just about anyone. I just don't see that many rookies come out and have 2-3 good years right off
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 254)

Postby Urban Cohorts » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:41 am

fast dogs wrote:I'd certainly take Braun with my 1st round pick and Harper would have to fall to about pick 100 for me. I've seen what Braun can do playoff time; after 5 years 4 2/3 of Braun should be better than just about anyone. I just don't see that many rookies come out and have 2-3 good years right off

Same here as far as Braun goes, but I'd rather use a later 1st round pick (meaning don't pass up anyone better than him).

For Harper, it is a gamble, but I'd be willing to spend an 80th round pick or so.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Orko31 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:19 am

Braun's still a 1st rder. Has to be in a new league even w/ the probable 50 game suspension. BUT it depends on where you are picking in the draft. Harper around 80-100 sounds about right. By that time I'd be willing to gamble on him.

Please help w/ mine! Thanks! http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=437739
Orko31
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:49 am

Thanks for the info everybody. I have the third overall pick. I am planning to take Kemp with that spot, assuming he is still there. Second round I am hoping to get stanton or kershaw. If Braun drops to 22 overall or 27 overall, should I go with him or Stanton/Kershaw? I doubt Braun will be back around pick 47 with my fourth round pick.
Please help me with analyzing my team? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=433592
Mateo de Lorenzo Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:41 am

There's no way Braun falls to 22nd overall in a new dynasty, so you won't be burdened with that difficult choice, but yes, obviously. Braun > Stanton > Kershaw would be my order there. Stanton by a hair over Kershaw because taking the elite young bat is generally safer than the elite young arm. Wouldn't be surprised to see either one go around pick 16-20 in a new dynasty, though.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:05 am

I would definitely take Braun at 22 if he is there in a dynasty. I doubt he falls that far though. Harper will probably go round 4 or so, which is too early for me.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nchampagne » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:53 pm

I could see them being taken before so, but if you had to pick between stanton and kershaw at 22 go with stanton.
nchampagne
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ensanimal » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:12 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:I would definitely take Braun at 22 if he is there in a dynasty. I doubt he falls that far though. Harper will probably go round 4 or so, which is too early for me.

Agree with this. Even with all the doubt around Braun, I don't see him falling very far off in a dynasty league.

Someone always likes to jump on "the next big thing" way before anyone else. I'll be happy to take "the already big thing" and reap the rewards now.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions