Dollar Values - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dollar Values

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dollar Values

Postby tondo5487 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:29 pm

New to the forum (kind of). Been reading a lot as guest but just registered. Lot of amazing info here. Now for my question.

Does any one know or have a spreadsheet that will calculate dollar values based on my league values and my projected stats for players. Standard 5x5 14 team auction league. Usually I just go with ESPN or CBS values but those are for 12 team leagues. And the values just never match up. I know there are a few online calculators but I would really like to have the "formula" built into a spreadsheet. That way I can adjust it to my leagues unique qualities. Thanks in advance. ;-D

Tondo
Tondo
* A diehard Orioles fan who knows his team will fining dead last again
tondo5487
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dollar Values

Postby Element » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:13 am

Welcome to the cafe.

I started creating my own using this several years ago.

viewtopic.php?t=92352
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 762)

Postby neoforce » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:23 am

You might want to try lastplayerpicked.com. They calculated dollar values based on various projection systems, but I'm pretty sure you can also upload your own raw projections and then it spits out dollar values based on their model.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Skin Blues » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:08 pm

Unless you want to do countless hours of work fine-tuning and tweaking your own formula, just use LastPlayerPicked. You can tailor it to your own league settings, roster size, custom projections, etc. It's amazing that it's free and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see them start charging for it. Miles better, due to the flexibility and intuitiveness, than any other system like it. And if you need to change your projections, it's simple to upload them and get updated dollar values. It's highly recommended to use dollar values even if you're just doing a snake draft. Gives an idea of the spread of the talent which helps in making tiers.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 139)

Postby rjforlife » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:04 am

Element wrote:Welcome to the cafe.

viewtopic.php?t=92352

That thread is still easily the greatest and most useful one on the cafe. I realize it may seem like a lot of tedious work to some, but honestly it's the part of fantasy baseball that I love, and crunching all those numbers and truly coming up with your own dollar values is very rewarding. Plus it's a great way to pass the offseason once football is over. March is a long month and just doing one group a week with that formula makes March a fun month. (SP, OF, MI, and CI being the four groups of players). I don't think closers are worth the effort.....
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 748)

Postby Element » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:31 pm

rjforlife wrote:
Element wrote:Welcome to the cafe.

viewtopic.php?t=92352

That thread is still easily the greatest and most useful one on the cafe. I realize it may seem like a lot of tedious work to some, but honestly it's the part of fantasy baseball that I love, and crunching all those numbers and truly coming up with your own dollar values is very rewarding. Plus it's a great way to pass the offseason once football is over. March is a long month and just doing one group a week with that formula makes March a fun month. (SP, OF, MI, and CI being the four groups of players). I don't think closers are worth the effort.....

Exactly. I use my own projections, plus I'll plug in the fan projections from fangraphs as well as Jason's. Each year you just need to do some minor tweaking to the formula (replacement values). It was a lot at first, but I swear by it.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 762)

Return to Baseball Leftovers