NL-Only Goldschmidt/J.Sands for N. Walker/Z. Wheeler - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

NL-Only Goldschmidt/J.Sands for N. Walker/Z. Wheeler

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

NL-Only Goldschmidt/J.Sands for N. Walker/Z. Wheeler

Postby Goatrider » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:32 pm

Hello all,

12 team NL-only. 10 keepers. We have 0,1,2 year contracts. After Year two contract, we can sign the player to an extension costing $5 for every year added. Example: My Paul Goldschmidt is a Year one contract at $19. Next year he will be Year two at $19. In 2013, I can sign him to an extension making his salary $24 in 2013 and $24 in 2014. We also keep a four player Minor league system. Once a farm player is activated, he is a Year Zero at $5. I call it a mini-dynasty league and it can make players in auction have inflated values (i.e, Aramis Rameriz went for $40 last year at auction).

My Keepers and Contracts for 2012:

Ike Davis $5- year 2
Ryan Zimmerman $36- expires 2012
Dee Gordon $5- year 1
Kyle Blanks $1- yr 2
Ryan Braun $15- expires
Logan Morrison $5- yr 2
Jerry Sands $5- yr 1
Paul Goldschmidt- $19- yr 2
Kershaw $15- 2013
Wainwright $18- yr 2
Jason Motte $5- yr2

I give Gold $19 and Sands $5 for Neil Walker for 2 years at $14 and Zack Wheeler on the Farm or do I need to ask for a draft pick on top too?

Leave a link and get WHIR

Thanks guys!
Goatrider
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: NL-Only Goldschmidt/J.Sands for N. Walker/Z. Wheeler

Postby BigLebowski » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:56 pm

Take this with a grain of salt. Im not a fan of Goldie or Sands. Sands is destined to be a platoon player with horrible splits and Goldie doesn't do it for me. You have Davis cheap and no need for Goldie who I think is overpriced at $19 right now anyway. Walker isn't a great player to get back but he does fill a need for you and is cheaper allowing you to get help elsewhere. I'd look to get something else back if you can based on the "potential" of Goldie, but even if you can't I'd do that deal.
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 474)

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:34 am

BigLebowski wrote:Take this with a grain of salt. Im not a fan of Goldie or Sands. Sands is destined to be a platoon player with horrible splits and Goldie doesn't do it for me. You have Davis cheap and no need for Goldie who I think is overpriced at $19 right now anyway. Walker isn't a great player to get back but he does fill a need for you and is cheaper allowing you to get help elsewhere. I'd look to get something else back if you can based on the "potential" of Goldie, but even if you can't I'd do that deal.

This makes a lot of sense to me.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 48)

Postby MaudDib » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:29 am

BigLebowski wrote:Take this with a grain of salt. Im not a fan of Goldie or Sands. Sands is destined to be a platoon player with horrible splits and Goldie doesn't do it for me. You have Davis cheap and no need for Goldie who I think is overpriced at $19 right now anyway. Walker isn't a great player to get back but he does fill a need for you and is cheaper allowing you to get help elsewhere. I'd look to get something else back if you can based on the "potential" of Goldie, but even if you can't I'd do that deal.

I would agree with this. I have some hope for Goldschmidt but he will have some ups and downs before we really know what he will be. At $19, he is way over priced unless I am missing something so this deal is really addition by subtraction. You trade an over-priced contract along with a 4 OF type and get a quality MI plus you save $10 for the auction.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby ensanimal » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:38 pm

I agree with Lebo here. I like Walker in an NL only league as quite a useful player. Goldschmidt seems overpriced and I don't see you extending him in the future if he's going to cost you anymore. Cheaper contracts, better players coming back makes this one a yes from me. ;-D
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Postby Urban Cohorts » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:35 pm

MaudDib wrote:

I would agree with this. I have some hope for Goldschmidt but he will have some ups and downs before we really know what he will be. At $19, he is way over priced unless I am missing something so this deal is really addition by subtraction. You trade an over-priced contract along with a 4 OF type and get a quality MI plus you save $10 for the auction.

+1

I also really like Neil Walker at the price he has over the next two seasons. $14 is a good deal for a good MI who hits in the heart of PIT order, especially in an NL only league.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions