Rate my Dynasty Team please! WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my Dynasty Team please! WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rate my Dynasty Team please! WHIR

Postby warner892001 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:12 pm

very solid team

Like others said I might try to move an OF for another pitcher

other than that its a very solid team

help me? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=438041&p=3458069#p3458069
warner892001
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NationalsOnTheRise » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:24 am

Koontzy wrote:You are deep on 3B, also remember than Hanley may be going to 3rd base now, since Jose Reyes is coming to Miami, so you will need to pick up a SS

Move Hanley to 3rd, get rid of David Wright to pick up a SP, and then I would try and trade a OF for a better SS, maybe even off up a 3B and a OF for SS

Seriously, if you have not finished in the top 3 of at least a $100 buy-in league then reserve your advice. I am certainly coming off with a strong vibe of arrogance, but fringe good advice can be detrimental.

Hanely is moving to 3B, undoubtedly, but moving him to CI is not bad and David Wright's long-term future is unreal. I never trade ANYONE when their value is low; nevertheless, your rotation is your strength and trading any position to bolster something not in need is wholly illogical. If anything, trade SP and possibly 3B in a deal with an OF to improve the production OUTSIDE the diamond. Bonacifico is more than welcome to draw MUCH criticism, he did not "help" anyone "win" any leagues last year. Emilio is serviceable, but his upside is limited, as is his playing time. You need to add depth, IMO, and trading for your depth makes the most sense. So, trade Price or whowever has the most value, probably Kershaw, to overcome obstacles. If you do not, read this post in hindsight and let me know.
"Nobody’s going to ask about the Nats being the No. 1 farm system in major league baseball," wondered Rizzo about his organization being ranked first by Baseball America. "You disappointed me." -Mike Rizzo
NationalsOnTheRise
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:52 am

NationalsOnTheRise wrote:Seriously, if you have not finished in the top 3 of at least a $100 buy-in league then reserve your advice.
This made me laugh.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 300)

Postby NationalsOnTheRise » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:52 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
NationalsOnTheRise wrote:Seriously, if you have not finished in the top 3 of at least a $100 buy-in league then reserve your advice.
This made me laugh.

In retrospect, I think that was probably a bit brash and borderline rude. I apologize if I was offense. It is true however, if individuals without a whole lot know-how are informing others in the same boat then it is likely to led some serious woes in the not so distant future. I think we all have read a politics section a newspaper or website at some point in our lives. =0)

I have been in fantasy for almost a decade and run my own $250 buy-in league. It took me years to learn that only in the reasoning and rationale of strategy and other advice is there justification the listen, nevertheless follow. Moreover, even after deciphering that which could be helpful from that which points two directions there is a daunting task of where to go with it. The last thing anyone needs a extra stuff to synthesize through, again, I am sure we have all watch the absurd political pundits on at least one of the thirty channels blasting their opinion.

In the end, if there was one piece of advice I live by it would be trade your strengths and alleviate weakness.
"Nobody’s going to ask about the Nats being the No. 1 farm system in major league baseball," wondered Rizzo about his organization being ranked first by Baseball America. "You disappointed me." -Mike Rizzo
NationalsOnTheRise
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:24 pm

NationalsOnTheRise wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
This made me laugh.

In retrospect, I think that was probably a bit brash and borderline rude. I apologize if I was offense. It is true however, if individuals without a whole lot know-how are informing others in the same boat then it is likely to led some serious woes in the not so distant future. I think we all have read a politics section a newspaper or website at some point in our lives. =0)

I have been in fantasy for almost a decade and run my own $250 buy-in league. It took me years to learn that only in the reasoning and rationale of strategy and other advice is there justification the listen, nevertheless follow. Moreover, even after deciphering that which could be helpful from that which points two directions there is a daunting task of where to go with it. The last thing anyone needs a extra stuff to synthesize through, again, I am sure we have all watch the absurd political pundits on at least one of the thirty channels blasting their opinion.

In the end, if there was one piece of advice I live by it would be trade your strengths and alleviate weakness.
No problem, and I don't disagree. Also, welcome to the Cafe.

Ultimately, the buy-in on a league has zero correlation to the quality of the players. The league I've been commissioner of for 12 years has a $100 buy in with some tack on prices for transactions, etc. If this season I suddenly changed the league fee to $1,000, the quality of the owners in it wouldn't increase or diminish. Once you're playing for money, the amount is inconsequential. I've put loads of effort into leagues with a $65 league fee and have spent less on others with higher fees. It's all relative. In the end, it measures nothing, and throwing it in somebody's face in such a way not only sends the wrong message, but is also just incorrect.

As far as taking advice is concerned. We're an open forum here. Everybody is welcome to give and receive advice freely. It is everybody's own responsibility to analyze the advice they're given, look for reasonings, rationale, etc. We all have to do our own homework, and if you're going to make decisions simply on the word of another, then whatever the consequence ends up being, positive or negative, you live with those consequences and have no room to complain.

So yeah, sometimes you have to weed through a guy who hastily left $0.02 in reply to you so he could leave his link to get to something thought provoking, but it's the nature of a forum like this, and as I said, everybody is entitled to their opinions. Sometimes I'll leave something brief, not because I'm lazy, but because that's all that is required. if I feel I need to justify my position or explain my train of thought, I do that. We've all got the same goal here: to share our knowledge and be the best and most informed players we can be to help win our leagues.

Best of luck to you in the 2012 season. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby NationalsOnTheRise » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:11 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
NationalsOnTheRise wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:This made me laugh.

No problem, and I don't disagree. Also, welcome to the Cafe.

Ultimately, the buy-in on a league has zero correlation to the quality of the players. The league I've been commissioner of for 12 years has a $100 buy in with some tack on prices for transactions, etc. If this season I suddenly changed the league fee to $1,000, the quality of the owners in it wouldn't increase or diminish. Once you're playing for money, the amount is inconsequential. I've put loads of effort into leagues with a $65 league fee and have spent less on others with higher fees. It's all relative. In the end, it measures nothing, and throwing it in somebody's face in such a way not only sends the wrong message, but is also just incorrect.

As far as taking advice is concerned. We're an open forum here. Everybody is welcome to give and receive advice freely. It is everybody's own responsibility to analyze the advice they're given, look for reasonings, rationale, etc. We all have to do our own homework, and if you're going to make decisions simply on the word of another, then whatever the consequence ends up being, positive or negative, you live with those consequences and have no room to complain.

So yeah, sometimes you have to weed through a guy who hastily left $0.02 in reply to you so he could leave his link to get to something thought provoking, but it's the nature of a forum like this, and as I said, everybody is entitled to their opinions. Sometimes I'll leave something brief, not because I'm lazy, but because that's all that is required. if I feel I need to justify my position or explain my train of thought, I do that. We've all got the same goal here: to share our knowledge and be the best and most informed players we can be to help win our leagues.

Best of luck to you in the 2012 season. ;-D

Have to disagree with the buy-in not mattering in the ability of the owners. Let us reverse the debate and say that if you pay nothing then you are just as likely to be a knowledgeable owner. You said "Once you're playing for money, the amount is inconsequential." which is just simply loose and to me irrational. Are you saying that $10 or $500 buy-in are irrelevant? To me, I have fared extremely well in fantasy and spend a MASSIVE amount of time researching both strategy and the game itself which lends the justification to spending roughly $500 per year in fantasy baseball. When I first started, I went with a $50 league and it went up from there as I knew more and had better results. It would seems odd to me that this thought pattern would not be common.

While I agree with what we do with the advice we get is up to us, I also believe that those who are just getting their mind wrapped around the sport and concept should probably be more reluctant to give advice than the opposite. For a while, perhaps, it might be better to give kudos or reactions to someone else's commentary. To each their own.

Thank you for your kind words. I actually have been a member since 2006 but somehow lost by account. I searched for my password and then username, both of which I knew and it stated that never where found so I started fresh.
NationalsOnTheRise
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:36 pm

Only point I'm trying to make is that quality players are quality players whether they're playing for a $500 pot or a $2,000 pot. Neither changes your standard of winning and in reality, its the icing on top of the cake of winning, for me at least. Hell, some of the most competitive leagues I've played in have had no buy in (the Cafeholics Masters League and Andy Behrens' Roto Arcard Pro-Am). I put as much time, effort, and research into those as I did my $200 fee leagues because I want to win.

Its easy to sit and attempt to dictate who 'should' and 'shouldn't' provide assistance, but as long as the message is inthe right place, attempting to be helpful, I don't think its fair to bias against those with differing, even potentially less informed, opinions than our own. As I said previously, the onus is on the person originally asking for help to decipher what they want to listen to, what to believe, and why.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team