It's about time I contributed to my own thread. I have planned to start doing my draft prep but... I did do enough minors prep to snag Daniel Norris at pick #23 in my 24 tm dynasty. Yes that means I was 2nd.
1) Is Albert Pujols still the #1 pick? Does he fall in your rankings due to last year’s stats, age, injury, the move to the AL or other players improving?
I think this year I trade down from the #1 pick if possible but Miguel is my guy with Albert #2. He was still awesome last year but I'm getting uneasy with his health.
2) Who is the second shortstop drafted? Hanley Ramirez and Jose Reyes?
I would pick Reyes between these two but I'll avoid both. I like to minimize risk early and take risks in the mid/late rds.
3) How early do you take Stephen Strasburg? Matt Moore? Yu Darvish?
I like all of these guys next season but Strasburg will go too early for me. I see the hype train getting him drafted ahead of Hamels, Weaver, Haren and maybe even a guy like Greinke. I prefer to minimize risk this early. Moore and Darvish are strong possibilities in rd 8-12. but I think Moore might go earlier than this.
4) Is Mike Napoli the #1 catcher? Victor Martinez? Brian McCann? Carlos Santana? Do you take any of them in the top 50?
I would take Napoli first and might do it if he sticks until the 4th rd. And Santana 2nd. both of these guys will play 150+ games with plenty of games at DH/1B to stay fresh. VMart only hit 12 HR's last year so I'll pass. His upside is 20HR's and I'm looking for more out of a top 50 pick.
5) Is Roy Halladay the #1 starting pitcher? Justin Verlander? Clayton Kershaw? Other?
Halladay for me but I start loading up on pitchers in the 5th rd. Outstanding value at that point and hitters drop off a cliff imo.
6) How far does Ryan Braun fall in roto leagues? H2H leagues?
rd 4 seems about right. I'll be tempted there depending on league setup. rotovsH2H, depth and roster setup (bench spots)
7) Which injured/declining third basemen rebounds to last season’s draft spot? Alex Rodriguez, Kevin Youkilis, Ryan Zimmerman or David Wright?
zim. He was injured last year and should be healthy. Wright has nothing left around him but would be my next pick. I don't trust Arod or Youk that early.
8) Do you draft Aramis Ramirez over any of the previously mentioned third basemen?
Aram will be ranked similar to Arod and Youk. All 3 could get interesting in the 5th-6th rd if they fall that far.
9) Joe Mauer, Justin Morneau, Jayson Werth, Kendrys Morales (0 AB’s), Adam Dunn and Alex Rios were awful in 2011. Which one(s) do you take a chance on this year?
Mauer in rd 8-10 interests me and rios around rd 15 interests me.
10) Whose hype are you buying? Brett Lawrie, Eric Hosmer or Desmond Jennings?
I like all 3 but Lawrie has the perfect combo of position and 5 categories. Jennings could be the guy that I get since it seems he'll fall to the most reasonable level.
11) Who are your top sleepers? (projected pick #150 or later)
I'm all about Kipnis and I think he'll be drafted in the 10th-14th so he might qualify. bud Norris could surprise on a sucky team. I guess it's time to start doing some deeper research because I don't know where guys are falling to. this is a must do. I'm going to have to make this a priority along with the other 100 important things.