Rate my Dynasty team please WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my Dynasty team please WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my Dynasty team please WHIR

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:11 am

H2H 12 team DYNASTY league. I won the Championship last season and want to improve my team where I can for another run. Where can I improve? Rosters will be deeper this upcoming season as the league voted to add a few bench spots and DL slots.

C Vmart
1B Prince
2B Phillips
SS Starlin Castro
3B David Wright
IF Panda
LF Carlos Lee
CF Matt Kemp
RF Andre Ethier
OF Dexter Fowler
U David Ortiz
U BJ Upton
BN: Wilin Rosario

SP: Kershaw, Bumgarner, Jurrjens, Wandy Rodriguez, Oswalt, Worley, Niemann, Porcello, Greinke, Moscoco, Holland, and Drew Pomeranz.

RP: Javy Guerra, Hanrahan, Nathan, Storen

DL: Alex Cobb, David Aardsma, Kendry Morales
Please help me with analyzing my team? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=433592
Mateo de Lorenzo Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my Dynasty team please WHIR

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:20 pm

You have no obvious holes except your LF/RF/OF spot is thin for a 12 team league.

Some things to consider as you ponder trades:

1. Vmart might lose C eligibility in 2013 - monitor how he's used and he if picks up enough appearances. You have Rosario ready and waiting, so this might be a good opportunity to trade Vmart if you (for some reason) fall out of contention before the deadline.

2. Generally speaking, when you have a generic spot like IF, it's most efficient to put least position-scarce position there, if that makes any sense. For example, if you were slotting a SS at IF, that would be bad. Ideally I'd want a 1B at INF. You have Morales coming back, and if he seems okay, you might see if Sandoval or Wright plus one of your medium tier SP could net you Justin Upton or Mike Stanton. If I owned either one in a dynasty it would be like pulling teeth to get me to give him up, but stranger things have happened in fantasy baseball.

Other than that, this is a great team and I don't see any reason you can't compete for the title again. Good luck!
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 99)

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:35 am

lane_anasazi2 wrote:You have no obvious holes except your LF/RF/OF spot is thin for a 12 team league.

Some things to consider as you ponder trades:

1. Vmart might lose C eligibility in 2013 - monitor how he's used and he if picks up enough appearances. You have Rosario ready and waiting, so this might be a good opportunity to trade Vmart if you (for some reason) fall out of contention before the deadline.

2. Generally speaking, when you have a generic spot like IF, it's most efficient to put least position-scarce position there, if that makes any sense. For example, if you were slotting a SS at IF, that would be bad. Ideally I'd want a 1B at INF. You have Morales coming back, and if he seems okay, you might see if Sandoval or Wright plus one of your medium tier SP could net you Justin Upton or Mike Stanton. If I owned either one in a dynasty it would be like pulling teeth to get me to give him up, but stranger things have happened in fantasy baseball.

Other than that, this is a great team and I don't see any reason you can't compete for the title again. Good luck!

Thanks for the input. Yeah, I am hoping Ethier has a bounce back year this year beings it is a contract year, He just saw Kemp get paid off, so I am hoping he wises up and works hard. Fowler was a late add after I traded Choo/Gardner last year just so I could get a few SBs down the stretch. I can definitely use an upgrade over him. I was actually thinking about drafting Cuddyer to replace Fowler as the available player pool is sparse and I think Cuddyer will excel in COL. Of course, if I can get Cepedes in the draft it would be much better.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby pjalst » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:11 pm

potential issues:

LF Carlos Lee - His 30hr seasons are gone, maybe even his 20hr seasons.
RF Andre Ethier - steady 2 year decline since Manny left. If the dodgers don't put a stud behind him, I wouldn't expect any improvement.
U David Ortiz - Age factor, he can drop off at any moment.
Nathan - been a while since he's had an injury free season
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 98)

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:02 pm

pjalst wrote:potential issues:

LF Carlos Lee - His 30hr seasons are gone, maybe even his 20hr seasons.
RF Andre Ethier - steady 2 year decline since Manny left. If the dodgers don't put a stud behind him, I wouldn't expect any improvement.
U David Ortiz - Age factor, he can drop off at any moment.
Nathan - been a while since he's had an injury free season

Well, according to ESPN, Prince is likely to land in Seattle or with the Dodgers. While its hard to fathom the Dodgers actually landing Fielder it could be another effort to increase their value for the upcoming sale. Plus, Prince and Kemp are really good friends. So, you never know. I'm thinking a more realistic thing to occur is to move Ethier to the three hole and Kemp to the clean up spot.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kp6299 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:20 am

Pretty great team going forward
kp6299
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor