Best site to host a league? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Best site to host a league?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Best site to host a league?

Postby broomulack » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:53 pm

TopChuckie wrote:
neoforce wrote:I plan on researching Fantrax as an option for 2012, but I was under the impression it is free?

Fantrax does have a pretty comprehensive free option. The $59 adds a few options, most of which, for me, aren't worth paying.
broomulack
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Brainstorm » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:59 pm

Do any of these sites offer a FAAB system where all players on go on waivers daily once games start and then the winning bid that night is awarded to the owner?

Yahoo's FAAB system seems like it's weekly(correct me if I'm wrong) and weekly waivers for a daily transaction league seems silly.
Brainstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Response Team
(Past Year: 249)

Postby bigmck » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:34 pm

CBS has the option to have players to be picked up only by the FAAB through out the season.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby Tejan0 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:13 pm

I would recommend Fantraxx. It has so many options now and the webmasters listen to your requests. Very customizable and affordable. I use Fantraxx for my 30team MLB and NFL dynasty leagues.
MoneyBall Dynasty League
* 30 Real MLB teams
* Real Life Salaries
* Tiered Salary Cap
* Minor league system

Tejan0
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Doc19 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:51 pm

What sites allow a player in an AL-only league to continue to accrue stats even if he gets traded to an NL team during the season? This is the one thing that I hate about "only" leagues, but we are forming a new auction league and it may need to be AL or NLonly depending on the amount of teams we can get.

I believe onroto has an option to keep the players stats even if he gets traded out of the player pool, but to the best of my knowledge I do not believe yahoo has this option...

Thanks!
Doc19
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigmck » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:54 am

It is pretty standard for there to be an option for that. I don't know of any sites that do not allow it.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mkultra » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:22 am

bigmck wrote:CBS has the option to have players to be picked up only by the FAAB through out the season.

Do any sites allow a waivers-then-faab system? My dynasty dream would be to allow dropped players to keep salary through a round of waivers, then reset to minimum for FAAB bidding.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby 23 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:24 pm

neoforce wrote:
Thanks for the info, I checked out the other thread. Found another option refereed to in that thread, allstarstats.com. Guess i need to add that to my list.

I've used allstar for years, even going back to when they were known as usastats (I think they were gobbled up by rotoworld, if not mistaken). If I can answer any questions, just let me know. We pay I think 40 or 45 per team. I'm just the loyal type so haven't strayed from allstar, but in terms of complaints the main one that comes to mind is the fact they don't have a "DL" status, which is inexplicable to me. So we have to use "Farm" to equal disabled. I can't speak to the FAAB process because we use a "sealed bid" email/honor system and the Commish then implements the transaction(s).
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby bigmck » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:12 am

23 wrote:
neoforce wrote:
We pay I think 40 or 45 per team. I'm just the loyal type so haven't strayed from allstar, but in terms of complaints the main one that comes to mind is the fact they don't have a "DL" status, which is inexplicable to me.

If you are paying $40 a team, that is way overpriced, $400 for the league. -- I hope you mean $40 for the league.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby 23 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:53 am

I know what you're saying, but like I said, I'm just not a fan of change. Plus they have our archives. My fear is going to another site, disliking it and realizing made a mistake. Is there a consensus top choice out there? I'll just have to peruse some sample pages.
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 5)

PreviousNext

Return to Commissioner's Corner