Please rate this Dynasty Team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please rate this Dynasty Team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please rate this Dynasty Team

Postby diesek » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:55 am

Hi,

I am in a 14 team dynasty league with standard 5x5 roto categories.

My team came second last season and I just made a trade for Elvis Andrus where I gave up Chris Young, Bucholz, and Stephen Drew. I might have given a little too much but I felt it was worth it dor a younger player Andrus and his Sb potential.

Given below is my team. Please rate it and please, if you can, do provide with any weaknesses.

C - Carlos Santana
1B - Adrian Gonzalez, Joey Votto, Billy Butler
2B - Rickie Weeks
3B - Ryan Zimmerman
SS - Alcides Escobar, Elvis Andrus
OF - Desmond Jennings, Delmon Young, Alex Gordon, Justin Upton, Michael Brantley

SP - David Price, Cole Hamels, Homer Bailey, Chad Billingsley, Jordan Zimmermann
RP - Drew Storen, Joel Hanrahan, Carlos Marmol, Francisco Rodriguez

diesek
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Please rate this Dynasty Team

Postby pjalst » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:32 am

Not bad for a 14 team league. I would get another arm. Since you have AGon and Votto, I would trade one of them for a Verlander/Kershaw type Ace.

Help Please:http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=437557
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby fast dogs » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:33 am

Very strong offense, plenty of star power for a 14 team league. Great add of Andrus giving you speed and upgrading your weakest position. I'd try to trade hitting for pitching, maybe dangle Butler for a young arm.You should have a top 2 offense, but SP could hold you back from moving up another spot. Try Gordon and a closer or something to help the pitching side of your squad.
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 286)

Postby Mateo de Lorenzo » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:57 am

You dont really have a bonafide ace, which will likely hurt you over the course of the year. I would try to trade one of ur first basemen for an ace or at least a quality SP.
Please help me with analyzing my team? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=433592
Mateo de Lorenzo Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ensanimal » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:47 pm

Great looking team in a 14 team league. ;-D

Offense is stacked, hopefully you have a UTIL spot to use Votto in. Great deal in getting Andrus, shored up your weakest spot in your roster and gave you some needed speed.

I think your pitching is fine, just need some depth to get the innings. Price/Hamels/Zimmerman is going to be one of the better top 3 in the league I'd imagine. As was mentioned, if you can get solid SP back for Butler I would go that route. Maybe combined with Young or Escobar can net you a solid #2 type.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 108)

Postby diesek » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:11 pm

Thank you for your help guys. I really appreciate it. I do have 2 utility spots so I can use all three of my 1B.

Weakest position that I have offensively now is OF.

On the Pitching side, I took your advice and got myself Tommy Hanson. For him, I had to trade Domonic Brown (Minor Leagues) and My First Round Pick for next year's Minor league draft. I also got Johan Santana for Second Round Minor league pick.

The team looks like this now:

C - Carlos Santana
1B - Adrian Gonzalez, Joey Votto, Billy Butler
2B - Rickie Weeks
3B - Ryan Zimmerman
SS - Alcides Escobar, Elvis Andrus
OF - Desmond Jennings, Delmon Young, Alex Gordon, Justin Upton, Michael Brantley
Utl:
Utl:

SP - David Price, Cole Hamels, Homer Bailey, Chad Billingsley, Jordan Zimmermann, Tommy Hanson, Johan Santana
RP - Drew Storen, Joel Hanrahan, Carlos Marmol, Francisco Rodriguez

Better now?
diesek
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigguy1551 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:38 pm

Nice move picking up Hanson. Santana, coming off shoulder surgery scares me. Maybe you could trade him along with one of your RP's or an OF for an upgrade there. All in all a nice team.
bigguy1551
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 8)

Postby diesek » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:17 am

thanks guys
diesek
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bobellis75 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:46 am

pjalst wrote:Not bad for a 14 team league. I would get another arm. Since you have AGon and Votto, I would trade one of them for a Verlander/Kershaw type Ace.

Agree with thie 100%....if you could land a top starting pitcher by moving one of these guys, your team would look much better...but looking pretty good as is, especially in a 14 team league.
bobellis75
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 39)

Postby diesek » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:50 am

bobellis75 wrote:
pjalst wrote:Not bad for a 14 team league. I would get another arm. Since you have AGon and Votto, I would trade one of them for a Verlander/Kershaw type Ace.

Agree with thie 100%....if you could land a top starting pitcher by moving one of these guys, your team would look much better...but looking pretty good as is, especially in a 14 team league.

Thanks dude. My Outfeild is pretty weak so I think it justifies keeping AGon and Votto (as 1B and as Utl). I did get TOmmy Hanson. Lets just pray that he remains healthy throughout the year :)
diesek
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team