Locals Only - Enjoy "A Day in Las Vegas" - New Keeper League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Locals Only - Enjoy "A Day in Las Vegas" - New Keeper League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Locals Only - Enjoy "A Day in Las Vegas" - New Keeper League

Postby baseballboy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:30 pm

Who: United Fantasy Baseball League (UFBL)
What: New Keeper League
When: Thursday, March 29, 2012
Where: Las Vegas, Nevada

Hello & Welcome. I am a 52 year old Las Vegas "Pitboss" that has lived in this wonderful city for the past twelve years. I have been involved in fantasy baseball/football as a player and commissioner since 1991. I have decided to start a brand new baseball keeper league and I'm looking for local Las Vegas owners . . . but not just any owners. I am not looking to just "fill spots" and start a league. I am looking to start & run a fantasy league with only a cream-of-the-crop group of men that honor this great game of fantasy baseball. Below you will find the United Fantasy Baseball League (UFBL) Constitution & Sylabus. If you are wanting to just "join a league" then this is not the proper one for you. But if you live in Las Vegas and are truly looking for something special and ready to commit to a really great league then I will send you a full set of the rules and I look forward to hearing from you. Please contact me on this message board telling me your fantasy backround, your location of residence, and why you have contacted me regarding the UFBL.

CONSTITUTION
Welcome to the United Fantasy Baseball League (UFBL). This league exists in order to add an extra element of amusement to the daily grind of working for Really Lousy Company, Inc. as well as creating a true sense of competition for all those involved. Every effort has been made to make this league as fair and enjoyable as possible for its team members. The following list of rules is very long and really boring but woefully necessary to give all the essential information to keep the league running smoothly & with minimal incident. Please don’t let any of the rules, jargon, or costs intimidate you – we are here to have fun playing the game we love and this will always be what this league is all about. The UFBL offers a genuine realism of owning and running a pro baseball team and will leave you thirsting for much more by seasons end. Your managerial skills will soon be challenging the dynamic likes of LaRussa, Lasorda, and Torre in no time at all. Let’s play ball!

SYLLABUS
Every year the UFBL will hold a live auction on the last Thursday of March at 10:00 am (unless otherwise described) at a site to be determined. The UFBL is a keeper league and will consist of 12 owners run through the Fantrax website. It is a standard 5x5 rotisserie format with an entrance fee of $325. Each team of The UFBL will begin the season with 30 players on its roster (23 major & 7 minor leaguers), coming from any of the 30 Major League Baseball teams. The league will foster fair play by not rewarding inactive owners or owners that live on their computers first-shot at waiver/free agent pickups by supporting a bidding system known as FAAB (Free Agent Acquisition Budget). All rules in place in the UFBL are created to make the managing of teams as baseball-like as possible. The UFBL will also include in-season rewards and end-of-season prize money to create a fun, exciting, and lucrative atmosphere for its members all season long.
baseballboy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Locals Only - Enjoy "A Day in Las Vegas" - New Keeper Le

Postby jwilly777 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:25 pm

How firm is your local only rule. I live in So Cal and would have no problem driving up for the draft.
jwilly777
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Classifieds