Trade PUJOLS?! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade PUJOLS?!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Trade PUJOLS?!

Postby Fantasy GM » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:25 pm

So provided the things written above, do I dangle Verlander or Lee if I even make a trade here? I know Lane_anasazi2 says Verlander due to higher value. I believe Lee is my #3, though he completely dominates some months of the year (the problem is he does meh in others). Thoughts? I could acquire a Justin Upton type potentially (Lee will easily score more this season, Upton is 24).
Fantasy GM
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MaudDib » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:24 pm

Fantasy GM wrote:So provided the things written above, do I dangle Verlander or Lee if I even make a trade here? I know Lane_anasazi2 says Verlander due to higher value. I believe Lee is my #3, though he completely dominates some months of the year (the problem is he does meh in others). Thoughts? I could acquire a Justin Upton type potentially (Lee will easily score more this season, Upton is 24).

I would rather deal Lee mostly because of his age and I think Verlander is the better SP. If you can get Upton for Lee, I would do it. I know Lee is likely to give you more points but Upton is still improving where as Lee is on the downside of his career.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 281)

Postby Urban Cohorts » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:17 pm

Fantasy GM wrote:UPDATE

Tulo team could send me the star SS + 2nd round pick for Pujols + 8th round pick (we keep 4 remember, so this is Rounds 2 and 8 out of 19). Intriguing. Pujols is the king of stability, Tulo dominates a weak position. Not sure what 1B or SS are available come draft time.

I would accept this trade. In a keeper league, I think Tulo is solid gold and Albert, although still top 5, is starting to be on the decline. You shore up SS with that trade for years to come plus a decent draft pick.

If I am trading a pitcher, I move Cliff Lee based on his age. Lee for Upton is a good trade as mentioned earlier. I would be extremely tempted to more Verlander, as 2011 was his best, but he is still young and should produce for more years than Lee.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:31 pm

Fantasy GM wrote:So provided the things written above, do I dangle Verlander or Lee if I even make a trade here? I know Lane_anasazi2 says Verlander due to higher value. I believe Lee is my #3, though he completely dominates some months of the year (the problem is he does meh in others). Thoughts? I could acquire a Justin Upton type potentially (Lee will easily score more this season, Upton is 24).

I would deal Verlander for J Upton and have a keeper for your team for the next 10 years.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions