Guys to keep an eye on in 2012 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Guys to keep an eye on in 2012

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Guys to keep an eye on in 2012

Postby thedude » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:19 pm

A man in a box wrote:
Cream wrote:As a Sox fan I don't think Reddick will be fantasy relevant, unless you're in the deepest of leagues or an AL-only. Chances to get a RH bat in the lineup will come at Reddick's expense

Reddick seems like he could hit if given 500 PA some where if not Boston. May as well give him a shot now or at least platoon him if your not going to sign Beltran.

I still believe that Kalish is the guy with more upside. 2011 was a lost year for Kalish, but he is younger, has better tools, and had an amazing 2010. If Kalish had been healthy last year, he likely would already have the right field job.

Reddick seems more like a 4th outfielder to me. I do not like the idea of him starting for a pennant contender.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kab21 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:06 pm

thedude wrote:
I still believe that Kalish is the guy with more upside. 2011 was a lost year for Kalish, but he is younger, has better tools, and had an amazing 2010. If Kalish had been healthy last year, he likely would already have the right field job.

Reddick seems more like a 4th outfielder to me. I do not like the idea of him starting for a pennant contender.

I don't think the Red Sox see him as a plan A starting Of'er. And they are an org that can afford to have an outstanding 4th OF'er.

I don't see a lot of fantasy appeal either. avg BA (.275ish), 20 HR's, 5 SB's. In a 12-14 tm league he's more the type of player that I pick up to fill a hole instead of a late rd gamble. I like more upside in the late rds.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 159)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tennessee Jed » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:41 am

Pomeranz
Kipnis
Tabata: hurt a lot last year, he's interesting when healthy
Tennessee Jed