12 Team Dynasty!! $99 Entry, Saber-Friendly!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

12 Team Dynasty!! $99 Entry, Saber-Friendly!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 12 Team Dynasty!! $99 Entry, Saber-Friendly!!

Postby bjs2025 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:16 pm

nathanbalboa wrote:How do I register? I can't find "join a league' once I sign up.

I will make it easier, if you email me at bjs2025@gmail.com I will send you a direct invite to the league.
bjs2025
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JohnnyPowerhead » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:55 pm

A couple questions:

1. You are taking 1188 and paying out 950? The host site costs 238? Even CBS is way less than that.

2. Are you missing some pitching categories? You have negative points for hr and bb but not for singles, doubles, triples, or earned runs? And you have points for saves and holds but not wins or qs?
JohnnyPowerhead
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bjs2025 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:06 pm

JohnnyPowerhead wrote:A couple questions:

1. You are taking 1188 and paying out 950? The host site costs 238? Even CBS is way less than that.

2. Are you missing some pitching categories? You have negative points for hr and bb but not for singles, doubles, triples, or earned runs? And you have points for saves and holds but not wins or qs?

I am not the commissioner, that is the rules the website uses. CBS couldn't match the player universe and complexity of this league. I would encourage you to read more about the scoring system with the link that I've included earlier in this thread or to just read more about sabermetrics in general. Holds and saves are included to distinguish relievers from starters more than anything and Wins may be the most worthless non-descript step ever conceived of.
bjs2025
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby JohnnyPowerhead » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:31 pm

bjs2025 wrote:I am not the commissioner, that is the rules the website uses. CBS couldn't match the player universe and complexity of this league. I would encourage you to read more about the scoring system with the link that I've included earlier in this thread or to just read more about sabermetrics in general. Holds and saves are included to distinguish relievers from starters more than anything and Wins may be the most worthless non-descript step ever conceived of.

But the commissioner is keeping money? That's against the rules of this forum. I don't think you're allowed to post this here.
JohnnyPowerhead
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bjs2025 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:51 pm

JohnnyPowerhead wrote:
bjs2025 wrote:I am not the commissioner, that is the rules the website uses. CBS couldn't match the player universe and complexity of this league. I would encourage you to read more about the scoring system with the link that I've included earlier in this thread or to just read more about sabermetrics in general. Holds and saves are included to distinguish relievers from starters more than anything and Wins may be the most worthless non-descript step ever conceived of.

But the commissioner is keeping money? That's against the rules of this forum. I don't think you're allowed to post this here.

There is no commissioner, it is a service run by a website called fangraphs.com. If you're not interested which you obviously are not because of your amateur style questions don't ask about it and join a 5x5 head to head league you can handle.
bjs2025
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby dejablu2 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:38 am

I am a veteran player, and I am quite interested in this league, but I too can't find a link to the league anywhere. I'll try emailing. Thanks!
dejablu2
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Smoakbomb » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:49 am

dejablu2 wrote:I am a veteran player, and I am quite interested in this league, but I too can't find a link to the league anywhere. I'll try emailing. Thanks!

Just click on the links on the first page of this forum, register on Fangraphs and I think that is it.
Smoakbomb
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby dejablu2 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:07 am

I am a registered Fangraphs user, but the link to ottoneu goes nowhere....it does not allow login.
dejablu2
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Smoakbomb » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:20 am

dejablu2 wrote:I am a registered Fangraphs user, but the link to ottoneu goes nowhere....it does not allow login.

Come one man, I just tried the second link again. Click on, takes you to Ottenue and then click on "Login" at top of page. I had to register and then it itakes you to the league page....I joined and I am paid up. Welcome.

Eric
Smoakbomb
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby JohnnyPowerhead » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:34 pm

bjs2025 wrote:There is no commissioner, it is a service run by a website called fangraphs.com. If you're not interested which you obviously are not because of your amateur style questions don't ask about it and join a 5x5 head to head league you can handle.

Right, because only professionals would play in a league where the commissioner takes 20% of your money.
JohnnyPowerhead
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Classifieds