12 Team Dynasty!! $99 Entry, Saber-Friendly!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

12 Team Dynasty!! $99 Entry, Saber-Friendly!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

12 Team Dynasty!! $99 Entry, Saber-Friendly!!

Postby bjs2025 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:15 pm

This is the league you've been waiting for...."Ottoneu" fantasy baseball from fangraphs.com. Complete with salaries and access to the minor leagues. 1st Place: $650, 2nd Place: $200, 3rd Place: $100

Roto Points Scoring and no worrying about a shady commissoner or insecure funds. This is run on fangraphs.com with a secure paypal account. This league is open to the public but with the entry fee and depth of the league I know I'll still have to do some recruiting.

40 man rosters
Start: C, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, OF, OF, MI, UT
SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, RP, RP.

Scoring system is linear weight developed by Justin Merry:
Hitting
AB: -1.0
H : 5.6
2B: 2.9
3B : 5.7
HR: 9.4
BB : 3.0
HBP: 3.0
SB: 1.9
CS: -2.8
Pitching
IP: 5.0
K: 2.0
BB: -3.0
HBP: -3.0
HR: -13.0
SV: 5.0
HOLDS: 4.0

Read more from fangraphs.com:
http://ottoneu.fangraphs.com/support

That link includes all things for this league and answers many questions. This is the league. There are no changes that can be made to the scoring/lineup system, however of course the draft date can be tinkered with to help us all out. We are trying to get fantasy PROS in this league and it should be extremely competitive. This is why I'm beginning recruiting before Thanksgiving.

To join, simply follow this link:
http://ottoneu.fangraphs.com/

Register and select "Join A League" and look for the only one with the $99 entry entitled "B. Selig Blue Ribbon Glee Club". This should be a great league and I look forward to hearing from you die hards out there. My name is Brian Seymour, I ran a league on CBS last year but wanted somethng more and this is it. Contact me if you need at bjs2025@gmail.com

Look forward to hearing from you! Play Ball!
bjs2025
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 12 Team Dynasty!! $99 Entry, Saber-Friendly!!

Postby bjs2025 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:34 am

Well its early December and we have 2 members so far. A long long way to go before the season though, again, email me at bjs2025@gmail.com with further questions if needed!
bjs2025
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bjs2025 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:59 pm

Things are looking good so far. Lots of questions and potential additions to the league...keep em comin guys
bjs2025
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bjs2025 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:23 am

3 confirmed and paid members as of today, remember reach me at bjs2025@gmail.com, look forward to hearing from you.

-Brian
bjs2025
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bjs2025 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:35 pm

Make it 4 members.
bjs2025
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby badmutha27 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:51 am

I tried PMing you with no response, so I'll just reply to this thread.

I am very interested in the league, however I'm wondering what your plan is for retaining teams from year to year if the cost is $99 for every team every team regardless of the teams finish the previous year. If i'm the last place team and i need to rebuild, its going to hard for me to warrant paying $99 to lose for a team that may take a few years to rebuild. I think you may find it hard to retain owners from year to year if you don't have tiered costs, with lower finishing teams paying less and higher finishing teams paying more. That's why you mostly just see keeper leagues with higher costs and not dynasty leagues.
badmutha27
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 16)

Postby bjs2025 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:33 am

badmutha27 wrote:I tried PMing you with no response, so I'll just reply to this thread.

I am very interested in the league, however I'm wondering what your plan is for retaining teams from year to year if the cost is $99 for every team every team regardless of the teams finish the previous year. If i'm the last place team and i need to rebuild, its going to hard for me to warrant paying $99 to lose for a team that may take a few years to rebuild. I think you may find it hard to retain owners from year to year if you don't have tiered costs, with lower finishing teams paying less and higher finishing teams paying more. That's why you mostly just see keeper leagues with higher costs and not dynasty leagues.

Good question, I would encourage you to read the complete set of rules on the link I included in the first post. Yearly, one player on every team is voted to go to arbitration and become a free agent again. There will then be an annual draft which is auction style that will allow lesser teams from the prior year to easily improve their current team by adding more players in the annual draft. I also believe that people that will be in this league are extremely knowledgeable about baseball and will add top prospects in our initial draft this year so there is already help in the pipeline. There is no doubt that one or two owners may not want to return after having a poor season but the point of this league is that it is built so you can turn things around quickly and we can always get owners to inherit a team. I actually chose $99 because it was a lesser price, we originally wanted to do $250 but I had concerns about that. This league is filling up earlier and faster than I ever would have thought and I really don't see all these owners skipping out after a year. This isn't 20 man rosters and head to head..this is legitimate fantasy baseball.

Again, I've included the link where you can join if interested and we are now at 5 members. Anyone interested can also email me at bjs2025@gmail.com

-Brian
bjs2025
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bjs2025 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:34 am

We are up to six members now folks, thanks to those of you from here who have joined and forward any further questions to me at bjs2025@gmail.com

-Brian
bjs2025
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bjs2025 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:22 pm

Still at six members, slow over the holidays I guess, Still has been filling up quickly so follow the links above to join.
bjs2025
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby nathanbalboa » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:58 am

How do I register? I can't find "join a league' once I sign up.
nathanbalboa
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Classifieds