Pick 4 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Pick 4

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keep CC?

Keep CC as the 4th
1
25%
Keep Price as the 4th
0
No votes
Only keep 3
3
75%
 
Total votes : 4

Pick 4

Postby Tavish » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:03 pm

So this is for a friendly league that I honestly don't care too much about but instead of dropping out I will just play it as a Cafe consensus team next year (any moves other than basic add / drop I will just do the Cafe's bidding). Last year finished 4th with basically the most craptastic draft I have ever seen in my life (Dunn, Rios, Either, Rasmus, Marcum, Broxton, BRoberts).

First part should be farily easy. Pick 4 keepers. Standard ESPN setup so each keeper costs 1 draft pick, if you keep 4 you don't draft until the 5th round.

Standard 5X5, 4 OF, 2 Util, 9 P, 3 Bench

Russell Martin, NYY C
Mark Teixeira, NYY 1B
Michael Cuddyer, Min OF, 1B, 2B
Evan Longoria, TB 3B
Elvis Andrus, Tex SS
Ryan Roberts, Ari OF, 2B, 3B
Juan Pierre, CWS OF
Austin Jackson, Det OF
Ben Revere, Min OF
Prince Fielder, Mil 1B
Billy Butler, KC 1B, DH
Alex Gordon, KC OF
CC Sabathia, NYY SP
David Price, TB SP
Carlos Marmol, ChC RP
Jhoulys Chacin, Col SP
Fernando Salas, StL RP
Rafael Betancourt, Col RP
Kenley Jansen, LAD RP
Sergio Romo, SF RP
Jason Motte, StL RP
Brandon Beachy, Atl SP
Randy Wolf, Mil SP
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11070
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pick 4

Postby Urban Cohorts » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:30 pm

Tavish wrote:So this is for a friendly league that I honestly don't care too much about but instead of dropping out I will just play it as a Cafe consensus team next year (any moves other than basic add / drop I will just do the Cafe's bidding)...

First part should be farily easy. Pick 4 keepers. Standard ESPN setup so each keeper costs 1 draft pick, if you keep 4 you don't draft until the 5th round.


1) Evan Longoria, TB 3B
2) Prince Fielder, Mil 1B
3) Mark Teixeira, NYY 1B
4) CC Sabathia, NYY SP slightly edges out David Price, TB SP
Image
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1717
Joined: 2 Jan 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Rome in all of its glory...

Re: Pick 4

Postby Element » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:14 pm

Urban Cohorts wrote:
Tavish wrote:So this is for a friendly league that I honestly don't care too much about but instead of dropping out I will just play it as a Cafe consensus team next year (any moves other than basic add / drop I will just do the Cafe's bidding)...

First part should be farily easy. Pick 4 keepers. Standard ESPN setup so each keeper costs 1 draft pick, if you keep 4 you don't draft until the 5th round.


1) Evan Longoria, TB 3B
2) Prince Fielder, Mil 1B
3) Mark Teixeira, NYY 1B
4) CC Sabathia, NYY SP slightly edges out David Price, TB SP


I agree with the first three for sure. I'm not sure though if I want to spend a 4th round pick on a starter (assuming 12 team league). I prefer the stability of CC to Price, but I might take my chances in the draft here. You may be able to get a better offensive player here. Worst case you have a chance to re-draft one of the two starters. I would imagine that most teams are holding 4 players.
Image
Element
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4909
(Past Year: 719)
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Re: Pick 4

Postby wrveres » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:18 pm

Urban Cohorts wrote:1) Evan Longoria, TB 3B
2) Prince Fielder, Mil 1B
3) Mark Teixeira, NYY 1B
4) CC Sabathia, NYY SP slightly edges out David Price, TB SP
agreement all around. And I'd pick CC cus he doesn't have to face the Yankees.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
Posts: 31783
(Past Year: 692)
Joined: 2 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pick 4

Postby ensanimal » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:50 pm

CC and the big bats. ;-D
ensanimal
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10622
(Past Year: 112)
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tim Horton's

Re: Pick 4

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:00 pm

Element wrote:I agree with the first three for sure. I'm not sure though if I want to spend a 4th round pick on a starter (assuming 12 team league). I prefer the stability of CC to Price, but I might take my chances in the draft here. You may be able to get a better offensive player here. Worst case you have a chance to re-draft one of the two starters. I would imagine that most teams are holding 4 players.


this is an interesting idea. are there any teams that are totally stacked and might be sending a top player back into the draft? are there many teams that won't keep 4 players? could make sense to drop CC if you can get your pick of anyone in the draft, especially if you can just grab CC again with that pick if there's nobody better.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14141
(Past Year: 427)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Pick 4

Postby Tavish » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:24 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
Element wrote:I agree with the first three for sure. I'm not sure though if I want to spend a 4th round pick on a starter (assuming 12 team league). I prefer the stability of CC to Price, but I might take my chances in the draft here. You may be able to get a better offensive player here. Worst case you have a chance to re-draft one of the two starters. I would imagine that most teams are holding 4 players.


this is an interesting idea. are there any teams that are totally stacked and might be sending a top player back into the draft? are there many teams that won't keep 4 players? could make sense to drop CC if you can get your pick of anyone in the draft, especially if you can just grab CC again with that pick if there's nobody better.

Its hard to say, there are a couple of good owners in the league and the rest you never know what to expect. There are a few teams that will likely only keep 3 or fewer, the rest will likely keep 4. Unless there are some crazy stupid moves (which I wouldn't put past some of the owners) there should be someone comparable to CC available with my first pick if I only keep 3.
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11070
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pick 4

Postby Urban Cohorts » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:43 pm

Tavish wrote:Its hard to say, there are a couple of good owners in the league and the rest you never know what to expect. There are a few teams that will likely only keep 3 or fewer, the rest will likely keep 4. Unless there are some crazy stupid moves (which I wouldn't put past some of the owners) there should be someone comparable to CC available with my first pick if I only keep 3.


If you don't know for sure, I say play it safe and keep CC. Guy is a top SP. And if most of the league is so-so, you will probably have a better draft than most.
Image
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1717
Joined: 2 Jan 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Rome in all of its glory...

Re: Pick 4

Postby CyboNinja » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:48 am

Gotta keep CC here. As much as I hate to keep pitchers he should be a lock for 17-20 wins and 200 Ks for the next few seasons at least.
CyboNinja
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 581
(Past Year: 96)
Joined: 2 Jun 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Metro Detroit

Re: Pick 4

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:38 am

Mark Teixeira, NYY 1B
Evan Longoria, TB 3B
Prince Fielder, Mil 1B
David Price, TB SP
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Oct. 24
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact