Xmas Wish List 2012 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Xmas Wish List 2012

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Xmas Wish List 2012

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:19 pm

I want to say we had a thread like this in previous year(s), but if we didn't, then consider me an innovator. I typically find it very difficult when loved ones ask me what I want for Christmas. Usually a shirt for work or a gift card for clothes or whatever is what subsides, and I'm told as a result, I'm difficult to shop for. Main reason being that when I want something, I'll typically just buy it for myself, leaving me with little to ask for from anyone else. So, long story short, this is the first year in awhile where I actually had thing(s) that I wanted. However, I still have people asking me what I want, and I figure maybe I can steal some items from your Xmas wish list and be inspired to be less difficult to shop for... I'm buying a brand new condo in the Spring, and I'm sure there's countless things I could ask for for it, but I'm at a serious loss...

My Wish List:
- iPad 2 (I actually got this for myself today with money my parents gave me specifically to get it for Xmas)
- Remote Car Starter (I wake up at 5 am for work... it's frigid in the Northeast... I hate waiting 15 minutes for my car to warm up while I'm sitting in it)

My brother and sister and law are covering the car starter, but I still don't know what to ask for from my sister, my girlfriend, etc. So let me see what you're after this Xmas so I can steal it and pretend it was my own original thought.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Xmas Wish List 2012

Postby Skin Blues » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:59 pm

Remote car starter is something I'm thinking of asking for, too. Also, an Espresso maker. Girlfriend has a Tassimo thing and says "It makes espresso, idiot!" but it's really not that good and thsoe discs are damn expensive. So also I might ask for espresso cups, tamper, grinder... all that good stuff. We just moved into a new apartment so we could use things like a futon, lamp, uhh... I don't know, other apartment-y things. Dishes and cutlery (we're using her stuff but it sucks). Key rack to hang on the wall. Hamper. God when did my life get so boring...
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 113)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:28 pm

Underarmour - everything from that company is great except for the shoes
Ironman dress watch - stainless steel and really nice for everyday wear
Bosu ball
kettlebells
Kick-ass fancy pingpong paddle.
Awesome red pool cue
A vintage pinball machine (creature from the black lagoon ;-D )
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:20 pm

I usually buy all the items I really want to have, especially when it comes to technology. Despite that, I'm really easy to shop for, as most of my friends/family buy me some premium beer and wine.

I'm relocating to Palo Alto very soon and need a new refrigerator and washer/dryer. I'm leasing out my home here and will leave those things behind for my tenant. So, yes, those things are tops on my list.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:25 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:I usually buy all the items I really want to have, especially when it comes to technology. Despite that, I'm really easy to shop for, as most of my friends/family buy me some premium beer and wine.

I'm relocating to Palo Alto very soon and need a new refrigerator and washer/dryer. I'm leasing out my home here and will leave those things behind for my tenant. So, yes, those things are tops on my list.

oh snap, welcome to the better half of california.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby jfg » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:05 pm

Skin Blues wrote:Remote car starter is something I'm thinking of asking for, too. Also, an Espresso maker. Girlfriend has a Tassimo thing and says "It makes espresso, idiot!" but it's really not that good and thsoe discs are damn expensive. So also I might ask for espresso cups, tamper, grinder... all that good stuff. We just moved into a new apartment so we could use things like a futon, lamp, uhh... I don't know, other apartment-y things. Dishes and cutlery (we're using her stuff but it sucks). Key rack to hang on the wall. Hamper. God when did my life get so boring...

Get an Aeropress. Best espresso maker ever and it's only 25 bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/Aerobie-AeroPress ... B0047BIWSK
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:02 pm

Prince Boateng.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:45 pm

1. More green shoes
2. Mlb.tv
3. The oil spill in Tauranga to subside before I get there next month
4. The garden landscaped and a new (non-1970s) fence
5. A maid

Not asking for much ;-7
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:21 pm

i guess a new video card since mine blew up...but that's something i'll have to buy myself

now that i'm older i just buy most stuff when i want it, and stuff i do want is usually too expensive for others to buy me...i'll settle for some clothes and giftcards i guess
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:56 pm

World Peace.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to General Talk