Pick Four Keepers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Pick Four Keepers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Pick Four Keepers

Postby jwilly777 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:25 am

I have a follow up question, my first three keepers are pretty much locked and I'll be left with either Jennings or Castro as my fourth keeper. Does anybody think Alex Gordon @6, or Asdrubal Cabrera @6, or even Freddie Freeman @6 are an upgrade over Jennings @6 or Castro@11? I'm thinking Cabrera "might" be with our power tilted cats. We do play an MI and CI in this league along with five OF's.
jwilly777
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 59
Joined: 13 Jan 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pick Four Keepers

Postby Element » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:29 am

I'm a big Desmond Jennings guy. I'd have a real hard time not moving forward with him over those other guys.
Image
Element
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4907
(Past Year: 789)
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pick Four Keepers

Postby jwilly777 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:51 am

Thanks, I'm leaning hard for Jennings, but I thought I should address Asdrubal who I should have no problem acquiring with
my surplus of keepers. An SS with pop is very tempting, but I'm not sure if he can repeat what he did last year. But for that matter, Jennings is unproven as well.
jwilly777
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 59
Joined: 13 Jan 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pick Four Keepers

Postby fast dogs » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:39 am

kinda suprised how many people and sites who aren't sold on Jennings having a big year; there seems to be 2 very different sets of opinions on him
I wouldn't mind locking up Asdrubal @ SS with your settings and rosters; you've already got 1 speedy OF. Getting 20-25 hr from your SS spot makes this a tough call
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2508
(Past Year: 317)
Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pick Four Keepers

Postby Tavish » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:11 am

I wouldn't have any problem taking Gordon over Castro or Cabrera. Freeman is right about the same as those two so I would probably keep one of the SS.
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11067
(Past Year: 34)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pick Four Keepers

Postby jwilly777 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:15 pm

jwilly777 wrote:I have a follow up question, my first three keepers are pretty much locked and I'll be left with either Jennings or Castro as my fourth keeper. Does anybody think Alex Gordon @6, or Asdrubal Cabrera @6, or even Freddie Freeman @6 are an upgrade over Jennings @6 or Castro@11? I'm thinking Cabrera "might" be with our power tilted cats. We do play an MI and CI in this league along with five OF's.


I forgot about Michael Morse @6, do you guys think he would be an upgrade over Jennings @6, Asdrubal Cabrera @6. Again with the league settings that favors power, it seems like I should consider them over Jennings.

Thanks again for all the input.
jwilly777
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 59
Joined: 13 Jan 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pick Four Keepers

Postby Urban Cohorts » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:34 pm

jwilly777 wrote:I forgot about Michael Morse @6, do you guys think he would be an upgrade over Jennings @6, Asdrubal Cabrera @6. Again with the league settings that favors power, it seems like I should consider them over Jennings.

Thanks again for all the input.


I would rather have Jennings or Cabrera over Morse. Even in a league that favors power, I think Morse is going to regress somewhat.
Image
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1717
Joined: 2 Jan 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Rome in all of its glory...

Re: Pick Four Keepers

Postby Element » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:34 pm

Urban Cohorts wrote:
jwilly777 wrote:I forgot about Michael Morse @6, do you guys think he would be an upgrade over Jennings @6, Asdrubal Cabrera @6. Again with the league settings that favors power, it seems like I should consider them over Jennings.

Thanks again for all the input.


I would rather have Jennings or Cabrera over Morse. Even in a league that favors power, I think Morse is going to regress somewhat.


;-D
Image
Element
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4907
(Past Year: 789)
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pick Four Keepers

Postby CyboNinja » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:12 pm

I would shop Ellsbury @26 around especially since your league favors power. I just don't see him ever coming close to 30HRs again...
CyboNinja
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 581
(Past Year: 135)
Joined: 2 Jun 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Metro Detroit

Re: Pick Four Keepers

Postby jwilly777 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:27 pm

I agree about Ellsbury, but I think he's value is amongst my top three, so I want to go into the draft with the most value. I then can move Ellsburys anytime after that "one of our owners is a big Red Sox fan" I do have another owner sitting Bautista @11, so I would happily package Ellsbury, Castro, and Pineda. That would leave me with a sick group of keepers with Bautista @11, Stanton @11, Santana @11, and Jennings @6.
jwilly777
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 59
Joined: 13 Jan 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cinfante54, mx826, rails80 and 12 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact