Is this a no brainer, or am I missing something? *WHIR* - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Is this a no brainer, or am I missing something? *WHIR*

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Is this a no brainer, or am I missing something? *WHIR*

Postby Dodgerbluesc » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:03 pm

This is a fair deal, but I wouldn't classify it as a no-brainer. My big question is, who is Butler replacing at DH for you? Can you get a SP besides BuchHolz coming back? A prospect other than Kelley? Butler is good and Buchholz certainly holds value in a 30 team league, but overall Buchholz and Kelley are very bleh.

That said I would shop Romero as he was a bit lucky last year - he's definitely more of a mid 3's ERA guy. That's not an insult for a pitcher in the AL East and I even think he has a little more K potential, but I'm convinced he experiences some slight regression in 2012.

I would hold out for more solid secondary pieces simply because theoretically DH should be the easiest position to find WW help next year. If Butler fills a hole at 1B instead I would jump on it.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=437365
Dodgerbluesc
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is this a no brainer, or am I missing something? *WHIR*

Postby Urban Cohorts » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:15 pm

Dodgerbluesc wrote:Butler is good and Buchholz certainly holds value in a 30 team league, but overall Buchholz and Kelley are very bleh.

I think Buchholz's value in his league will be largely based on how important wins and losses are for points. Buchholz was lucky in 2010, missed all of 2011, but still profiles to be a decent SP. And with the Sox lineup behind him, he will most certainly be winning games and getting fewer losses (assuming an average amount of run support, which does vary between SP on the same team).
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions